Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/18/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Mary's College of California
Marketing Communications Specialist
Closing Date/Time: Wed. 12/18/13 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Main Campus, 1928 Saint Mary's Road, Moraga, CA 94556, California
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Participates in editorial planning, playing a role in the analysis and discussion of issues influencing communications and marketing objectives, while keeping abreast of issues, events, stories and communications needs on campus
• Reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications, the Communications Specialist is a content producer for College publications and communications, providing informative and engaging stories for use on the web and in print, including digital newsletters, social media, the Saint Mary’s magazine and a variety of marketing materials intended to promote the College.
• Performs various editing and proofreading functions for digital and print publications
• Responsible for editing the campus internal newsletter
• Represents the Office of College Communications at selected events and meetings, as assigned by the Director of Marketing Communications
• With the Director of Marketing Communications and the Assistant Vice President, works with campus clients to ensure effective communications and marketing strategy, consistent messaging and branding, positive client relationships and timely delivery of final products
• Works in a highly collaborative and culturally diverse environment and develops effective relationships within the Departments, Schools and with other areas of the College.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the mission of the College, which is informed, animated and expressed through its Catholic, Lasallian, Liberal Arts traditions.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism or related discipline and a minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in journalism, institutional and/or freelance writing/editing required
• Strong writing and communications skills and experience, with ability to adapt writing style for different audiences and objectives
• Ability to produce content appropriate for web, print and social media
• Significant copy editing experience and working knowledge of Chicago and AP Styles
• Experience and understanding of branding, marketing and strategic messaging
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills
• Demonstrated project management ability, able to prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Adept at working independently as well as collaboratively as a member of a highly productive team and a culturally diverse campus community
• Experience and ability with Photoshop, content management systems such as WordPress and Drupal, and email marketing platforms such as Constant Contact. Familiarity with HTML helpful.
• Photography skills a bonus
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://apptrkr.com/413310
1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
2) A resume
3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act
Notification with regard to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act.
As provided by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, Saint Mary’s College of California through its Department of Public Safety, annually provides notice and makes available copies of the Annual Security Report, to the campus community, prospective students, employees and the public. Each Security Report includes statistics for the past three years concerning crimes and incidents (whether they occurred on campus, in off-campus building and property owned or controlled by the College, or on public property adjacent to campus) reported to campus security authorities. Each Security Report also provides campus policies and practices concerning security – how to report sexual assaults and other crimes, crime prevention efforts, policies/laws governing alcohol and drugs, victims’ assistance programs, student discipline, college resources, and other matters. The Security Report is publicly available electronically or hard copy in the following ways: electronically:http://www.stmarysca.edu/about/safety/02report.pdf; in person: Department of Public Safety, Administrative Office, Assumption Hall: or by or by Mail or Telephone Request: Department of Public Safety, P.O. Box 3111, Moraga, CA 94575-3111 (925) 631-4052.
In addition, as provided by the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act, the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office maintains a Megan’s Law database of sex crime offenders, which information may be obtained from the Sheriff’s office located at 500 Court Street, Martinez, Monday-Friday, 9 am to 4 pm.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.