Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Responsibilities Reporting to the Director of Development, Individual Giving, the Assistant Director of Athletic Development is responsible for executing, in consultation with the Associate Director of Development, Athletics, all events benefiting the unrestricted and restricted annual athletic goals set forth by the Vice President of Development. This includes sponsorship, volunteer, campus partner and prospect identification, cultivation, and solicitation to increase revenue for annual and in some cases endowment support for Athletic priorities. The Assistant Director will also manage a portfolio of 50 + athletic prospects, including alumni, parents and friends meeting approved "metrics" that include dollar and solicitation goals, and developing volunteer and campus partner relationships as assigned.
1. Coordinates all athletic development event fundraisers benefiting the Gael Athletic Fund, including the Gael Golf Classic, Car Drawing Raffle and additional events as assigned. Responsible for meeting fund-raising goals for all events in partnership with the Associate Director of Development, Athletics. This includes following Development Office event protocals, and working collaboratively with the office of Alumni and Volunteer engagement. Also, responsible for post event follow up and communication to donors, volunteers and sponsors. Other tasks include book keeping, auction item fulfillment, campus partner communincation and briefings, both pre and post event.
2. Coordinates all athletic development event fundraisers benefiting the team fund and endowment priorities, including Tip Off Dinner, Rugby Dinner (dance), Meet the Players Night, Tucci Golf Tournament and additional events as assigned. Responsible for meeting fund-raising goals for all events in parternship with the Associate Director of Development, Athletics. This includes following Development Office event protocals, and working collaboratively with the office of Alumni and Volunteer engagement. Also, responsible for post event follow up and communication to donors, volunteers and sponsors. Other tasks include book keeping, auction item fulfillment, campus partner and volunteer communincation, and briefings, both pre and post event when necessary.
3. Develop and coordinate campus partner (coach) relationships and volunteer committees as assigned to benefit athletic fund raising/event goals. Would include the management of various coach and volunteer relationships to increase philanthropic and sponsorship opportunities.
4. Manage a 50 + prospect list of alumni, parents, friends that are season ticket holders, team fund identified prospects, event volunteers and others as assigned. Expected cultivation and solicitation activity to meet annual approved Metrics goals is a priority, including monthly visit expectations of 4-6 per month.
5. Participate in office meetings as assigned and necessary to meet expectations of position.
6. Assist with other Development assignments as requested.
Experience and Qualifications:Required: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 2 years of related Development and/or event fund raising experience.
Skills/Abilities: Interpersonal skills, computer and database understanding, written, verbal and design skills.
Other: Travel, weekend and evenings. Must have vehicle.
Depends on Qualifications
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. 1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College2) A resume 3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.