Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/26/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
1. Appropriate level of education [required] See Credentials Procedures Manual at: http://valenciacollege.edu/faculty/forms/credentials/
2. Teaching experience at the community college level. (In some cases, related work experiences in the field, professional licensure and certifications, honors and awards, continuous documented excellence in teaching, or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes may be used to support an application in lieu of degree and course work requirements).
3. Professional commitment to education.
4. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
5. Ability to perform all of the Essential Functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
6. Ability to work evening and/or weekend hours and travel between campus locations as required.
7. The applicant will be required to work on West and/or Osceola Campus 35 hours per week with a varied schedule which includes a 12 hour day at a hospital facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Knowledge and understanding of learning-centered values.
2. Ability to design learning opportunities that promote student life skills development while enhancing discipline learning. Demonstrated understanding of developmental advising (Valencia's LifeMap) and competency-based learning (LifeMap).
3. Ability to develop and implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate the learning styles of students and that promote both acquisition and applications of knowledge and understanding (Learning Centered Teaching Strategies).
4. Ability to use consistent, timely formative and summative assessment measures to enhance learning (Assessment).
5. Ability to design learning opportunities that acknowledge, draw upon and are enriched by student diversity in the learning environment (Inclusion and Diversity).
6. Ability to design and implement curriculum that aligns elements of student learning toward growth in the Student Core Competencies and progression through course sequences (Outcomes-Based Practice).
7. Commitment to stay current and continually improve knowledge and understanding of the discipline (Professional Commitment).
8. Ability to continuously examine the effectiveness of teaching, counseling, librarianship and assessment methodologies in terms of student learning by engaging in the scholarship of teaching and learning (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning).
9. Knowledge of, ability to develop, and commitment to use emerging technologies and alternative delivery methods appropriately, including online delivery, hybrid course options, content software, web-enhancements, etc.
10. Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
11. Ability to effectively communicate interpersonally (in group and one-on-one settings), orally, and in writing.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must be able to stand for long periods of time and work in a clinical environment for at least 12 hours at a time. Applicants must be able to lift and support at least 25 pounds in order to re-position, transfer and ambulate patients safely. This would include full manual dexterity of the upper extremities, including the neck and shoulders and unrestricted movement of both lower extremities back and hips in order to assist all aspects of students/patients in the provision of care. Applicants must have acceptable eyesight with/without correction aids.
Applicants must be credentialed with a minimum of a Master of Science in Nursing from an accreditied College or University (required).
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, or REGISTRATIONS
Applicants must have an active and unencumbered license to practice as a Professional Registered Nurse (RN) or an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) in the State of Florida.
PROPOSED SALARY: Faculty Salary Schedule
Please submit a copy of your current Florida License to practice as a Registered Nurse, or Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner. Thank you.
For consideration, the following is required: a complete Valencia College on-line application, learning-centered statement, unofficial transcripts, cover letter and resume.
If you are a current Valencia College employee with a learning centered statement, transcripts and resume on file, this information is still required to be submitted with the application in order to finish the process. Please limit the size of your document to less than 2 MB in PDF format.
It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
During the online application process, you will be required to provide a response to specific questions to complete the application process.
All letters of reference must be attached at the time of application.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.