Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/20/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Valencia College is actively seeking an academic leader to serve as Counselor. The college serves the Central Florida region, enrolling more than 60,000 credit students through six campus locations. As the winners of the Aspen Award, our focus is to improve student success through engaged learning.
Come; Join-Us where learning makes a difference and Diversity Matters!!
This position provides leadership in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs for the LifeMap system which support student achievement of career, educational, and life goals; works collaboratively with students as learning partners in their academic, social, and personal development; works collaboratively with other learning leaders in program delivery and evaluation.
1. Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution
[required] in counseling, student personnel, or related field.
2. Experience in a postsecondary institution, preferably a two-year college.
3. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated leadership in developing and implementing student services programs.
2. Ability to assess students' developmental needs and translate theory into practice.
3. Ability to create curriculum for programs for Student Services.
4. Individual and group communication skills including group presentation skills.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. Competency in the use of student information retrieval, e-mail, and standard office software systems.
7. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of a diverse student population.
A [required] Valencia College employment application must be submitted for consideration. To submit the application, visit http://valenciacollege.edu/join-us or contact our Human Resources department @ (407)582-8033 for additional information. EA/EO
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.