Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/6/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Department: Career Services
The Associate Director of Career Services will work collaboratively with the Director to provide effective leadership, direction, and supervision of USDs career service programs. In addition to the overall leadership duties of the Associate Director, he or she will also take the lead in building and nurturing relationships with employers and organizing virtual and face-to-face job fairs. Additionally, the Associate Director will be responsible for managing all aspects of career counseling, including face-to-face, telephone, and email counseling for all students and alumni. The Associate Director will supervise three Career Advisors. The Associate Director will report to the Director of Career Services. Exercises supervision over administrative staff, career counselors, and student workers for project management as assigned. Participates in training and evaluation of staff.
Examples of Work:
- Career Counseling
- Outcomes Assessment
- Office Management
- Outreach – On- and Off-Campus
- Program Development and Planning
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in counseling or related area
- Five years of relevant experience in business or university setting
- Experience working in business or industry outside of the university setting is preferred
- Proven project management experience
- Proven experience in managing people and communications
- Experience working with undergraduate and graduate students in a university setting
- Demonstrated experience in developing professional and collaborative relationships with students, alumni, staff, administrators, faculty, employers, and parents
- Experience in conducting individualized career counseling and interpreting assessments
- Experience in handling confidential issues and materials
- Demonstrated experience in public speaking and written communication
Special Qualifications & Conditions of Employment
- Flexibility and willingness to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for representing Career Services at major institutional events
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of resume construction
- Thorough knowledge of interviewing techniques
- Thorough knowledge of job search strategies
- Thorough knowledge of career-related literature
- Thorough knowledge of career resources, career trends, and Internet resources
- Considerable knowledge of employment trends and current job market information
- Considerable knowledge of career assessments and interpretations
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to write reports on placement of graduates in jobs and/or graduate schools.
- Ability to track metrics around usage of services and events offered by Career Services.
- Considerable knowledge of career resources vendors
- Considerable knowledge of local, state and federal economies, especially as this knowledge relates to employment
- Considerable knowledge of cultural diversity issues
- Considerable knowledge of counseling theories and practice
- Considerable knowledge of career development theories and practice
- Considerable knowledge of University mission and values, and how these relate to the department’s mission and efforts
- Working knowledge of current career and related research
- Working knowledge of library reference resources
- Skill in counseling and advising undergraduate and graduate students
- Skill in public speaking and facilitating groups
- Skill in writing, public relations, and marketing techniques
- Skill in organizing and managing time effectively
- Skill in consulting/networking/building interpersonal relationships
- Skill in conducting career needs assessments and interpretations
- Skill in project and event management
- Ability to work positively and effectively within teams and with diverse populations
- Ability to supervise counseling and administrative staff
- Ability to conduct outreach to employment community and professional colleagues
- Ability to work with MS programs, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to monitor and respond to changing work situations
- Ability to work independently to complete projects and tasks on time
- Ability to be flexible in the management of multiple tasks
- Ability to travel as needed to on and off-campus sites
- Ability to set and meet objectives for professional development
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Visit http://apptrkr.com/407515 to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.