Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/4/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Cover letters are strongly recommended.
The Office of the Vice President is responsible for the Operations Division which serves the three Tufts campuses: Medford/Somerville, Boston and Grafton, encompassing 167 buildings and 5.1M gross square feet. The Operations Division includes these departments:
1. Department of Facilities Services, which provides comprehensive operations and management, energy and capital project management;
2. Public and Environmental Safety, Dining and Business Services, University Space Management and Planning, Operations IT, and Real Property Services.
Approximately 500 staff members report to the departments in the Operations Division. The Division is responsible for an annual operating budget of $105M and a capital budget of $75-100M, both in FY13.
Reporting to the Executive Director for Operations, the Assistant Director for Finance & Administration is responsible for the day to day administration of the budget and finance functions for the Operations Division. The Assistant Director leads the processes inherent in the University's operating and capital budget cycles emphasizing concise fiscal processes and proactive oversight practices. He/she is a key participant in identifying process improvements, leading insightful business presentations to inter and intradepartmental constituents and partnering with finance and technology colleagues to ensure systems and processes are on a path toward best practices and optimal integration. The Assistant Director for Finance & Administration will be expected to play a functional project management role in organizational change initiatives that are finance intensive but also have complex technological and operational implications
Financial management (8 employees) includes: operating and capital budget development and management reporting, financial analysis and planning, creation of internal controls to track and manage spending consistent with budgets, monthly and quarterly projections and year-end closeout, controls and compliance, policies and procedures, and management of all divisional accounting.
This position is expected to develop solid working relationships with counterparts in Central Finance, TTS, and academic units.
• Bachelor's or Advanced degree in accounting, finance or related discipline
• 7 or more years of progressive financial management experience
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and have demonstrated experience with Enterprise Management Systems such as PeopleSoft including management reporting, data mining, ad hoc analytics, and continuous system improvements
• Significant experience in financial management, proven skills in problem solving, excellent judgment, exceptional communication and collaboration skills, attention to detail, strong analytical skills
• Experience in managing and successfully executing on business process/ information technology projects that support a broad range of functions
• Understanding of requirements for strategic organizational change in a highly decentralized, consensus oriented environment and in developing and fostering positive relationships with diverse constituencies
• The finalist for this position must successfully complete all appropriate background checks
CPA preferred. Master's degree is desirable. Experience in personnel management and with operational processes is a plus. Experience working in higher-education is highly desirable.
Special Work Schedule Requirements: Must be available to the Executive Director for Operations through electronic communication beyond normal business hours as needed.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.