Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/26/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Reporting to the Director, Student Housing & Residential Education, the ADAS provides leadership for the administrative services portion of the Residential Housing program. This includes directly supervising all assignments and customer service professional, graduate assistants and paraprofessional staff. In conjunction with the Director, the ADAS sets vision and direction for the administrative services program with an emphasis on customer service, effective and efficient delivery of services/program, sound business practices and the departmental mission focusing on community, respect for diversity, safe and healthy living environments, student academic success and student leadership/engagement. The incumbent will be responsible for leading all leasing/contracting processes including applications, contracting, contract termination/cancellation as well as check-in and check-out processes. The ADAS will be responsible for marketing, customer service and key management. In conjunction with the Director and the Associate Director of Residential Education, the ADAS will coordinate assignments strategies so that occupancy and revenue targets are being met. In conjunction with the Director, the ADAS will assist with departmental budget development, tracking and financial/occupancy report development. The ADAS will serve as the primary liaison with various campus departments (i.e., Facilities, IT, Custodial Department, Accounts Payable, Financial Aid). The ADAS will serve as a member of the Division of Student Affairs and as such assist in committee work and projects This position serves as the Administrator-in-charge in the absence of the Director. Other duties as assigned
1. Supervise, train and evaluate 1 professional staff member (Assignments Coordinator/Office Manager). In conjunction with Assignment Coordinator/Office Manager, hire train, supervise and evaluate 4 Housing Assistant Coordinators and 10 Community Assistant paraprofessional staff. (15%)
2. Provide leadership and protocol development for the contracting process including applications, contracts, room assignments, room transfer, contract termination/cancellation; follow-up with delinquent resident; preparation and revisions to license agreement and application; coordination fo administrative phases of check-in and check-out processs; maintaining residential management software progam that tracks over 900 residents through all phases of contracting. (20%)
3. Provide leadership for departmental marketing including development of comprehensive marketing and outreach strategies which seek to maximize occupancy; oversee the development of printing and electronic marketing materials; oversee web-page development and updating. (20%)
4. In conjunction with the Director establish and monitor the departmental budget and housing proforma. Coordinate annual residence hall room rates and occupancy projections. Coordinate vendor contracting and service agreement development. Coordinate production of periodic financial and occupancyreports. (20%)
5. Provide leadership for key management operations including maintenance of key records and re-key requests; maintenance of sotware that manages card key system. Maintenance of the integrity of departmental security with regard to key access and management. (10%)
6. Provide leadership for front office reception and customer service operations for two offices. This includes devepment of service protocols and manuals as well as customer satisfation assessment. (5%)
7. In conjunction with the Director and the Associate Director of Residential Education develop strategies to ensure that revenue and occupancy targets are being met. (5%)
8. In conjunction with the Director and the Associate Director of Residential Education develop strategies to ensure that revenue and occupancy targets are being met. (3%)
9. Serves as the administrator in charge in the Director’s absence (2%)
Bachelor’s Required in Social/Behavioral Sciences, Student Development, Business Administration and/or Marketing.
3+ years of supervision, hiring and training experience
3+ years of experience working in College/University setting
Masters in Higher Eduation, Student Affairs/Administration, Business
5+ year of supervision, hiring and training experience
3+ years in college student housing, college assignments services
3+ years in marketing or managing business processes
Experience with College Resident Management or University Student Database systems (ideally BANNER and StarRez)
Experience providing or overseeing customer service programs/services
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan
Position open until filled.
Review of applications will begin Nov. 11th, 2013, 2013.
For questions regarding position please contact email@example.com.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.