Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Responsibilities Saint Mary's College invites applications for a full-time Housing Operations Manager in the division of Student Life. The division of Student Life at Saint Mary’s College is characterized by a commitment to the development of the whole student in an engaged learning community. Reporting to the Director of Campus Housing & Conference Services, the Housing Operations Manager will provide leadership and direction for the operational aspects of the housing program. In a collaborative spirit with other members of the student life division, the Housing Operations Manager provides for, supports and encourages a responsible and educational living environment.
· Responsible for oversight of the day-to-day administrative functions of the Housing Office.
- Serve as the primary contact person for addressing the housing issues in all residential facilities on campus.
· Assist with the management of student housing processes, including but not limited to, annual housing selection/assignment, break housing, room changes, maintenance of housing records and licenses, post office boxes, and opening and closing of residence halls.
· Assist in the development of an off campus living program.
· Serve as the primary administrator of the StarRez software.
Weekend and evening work required.
- Daily work in the residence life module of Colleague, including but not limited to, accuracy of room and board billing and withdrawals.
- Together with the Director of Campus Housing & Conference Services, manage the annual projections of housing occupancy to ensure financial and programmatic goals.
- Forecast and review plans for renovations and on-going maintenance of residence halls and furnishings.
- Coordinate a centralized process for reporting and tracking of day-to-day facility concerns.
- Together with the Director of Campus Housing & Conference Services develop and implement annual marketing plan for on campus living.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, supervising, motivating and evaluating student staff.
- Coordinate and manage summer student housing needs and schedules.
- Collaborates regularly with the Office of Residential Experience specifically with Living Learning Communities, Resident Advisor training & housing operations support, roommate conflicts and resident satisfaction surveys.
- Coordinate safety initiatives, policies, procedures and manuals/communications related to student housing, health & safety inspections, key control.
- Conduct regular tours of facilities to determine problem areas and develop response.
- Actively contribute to program assessment, policy development, and evaluation as a member of the Dean of Students staff.
- Develop effective relationships within the division of Student Life and campus partners (ie, Facilities Services, Student Disability Services, Sodexo, Business Office, Athletics and International Programs).
- Assist the Associate Director of Conference Services when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters degree in higher education administration, college student personnel administration, or related field, highly desirable or combination of equivalent relevant experience preferred.
- Experience with housing operations and facilities in residence life in higher education or similar settings preferred.
- Experience with residential renovation project management preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy and experience with word processing, spreadsheets, databases, data analysis, StarRez and Colleague.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, juggle competing priorities and accomplish tasks effectively.
- Ability to effectively delegate and work effectively in a high traffic environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in higher education student development theory, risk management and legal issues.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret broad educational issues, policies, and regulations.
- Ability to relate effectively and positively with students, parents, faculty and staff.
Depends on Qualifications
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. 1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College2) A resume 3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.