Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/28/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Dean of Student Services, Counseling
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 12/01/2013
Position Classification: Management
Campus Location: Fresno City College
Start Date: 01/15/2014
Areas of responsibility: Counseling, Matriculation, Transfer Center, Career & Employment Center, Assessment Center, College Relations and Articulation
• Provide leadership in working with staff, faculty and administrators to support student services departments and programs;
• assume a leadership role in campus/districtwide initiatives directly related to student success;
• organize and chair meetings, facilitate group discussions and involve faculty and staff in idea generation, goal setting, and decision-making;
• work closely with counseling department chair and coordinators in order to effectively manage and supervise the department and promote standards of excellence;
• monitor the enhancement, development, assessment and evaluation of counseling department curriculum offerings;
• collaborate with instructional areas to coordinate, assess, and evaluate learning communities such as Puente, USEAA, IDILE, and SYMBAA;
• develop and monitor program reviews for departments/programs including student learning and program outcomes, assessments, and evaluation of data for the purpose of program improvement;
• work closely with the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness in order to assess and evaluate the counseling department and other programs and services;
• develop, monitor, and manage department and program budgets;
• review staffing needs for academic, classified, and part-time personnel and make recommendations for hiring;
• review and analyze data and statistics for the purpose of improving the delivery of services to students;
• assure compliance with California Education Code and the California Code of Regulations;
• conduct performance evaluations for academic and classified staff;
• administer Board approved policies and regulations, especially as they relate to the departments and programs under the supervision of the incumbent;
• foster an atmosphere of mutual respect and openness that will promote collaboration among students, faculty, and staff;
• encourage and facilitate professional staff development;
• make recommendations pertaining to space utilization;
• work in collaboration with local universities and colleges in order to promote transfer;
• work collaboratively and make presentations as necessary to various groups within the district, community, and state; and
• perform other duties as requested and assigned.
Include an earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university AND one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonable related to the administrator’s administrative assignment OR possession of a valid California Community College Supervisory Credential AND sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university in counseling or related student services area;
• two years of extensive administrative and leadership experience as a dean, program director, department chair, or coordinator within or associated with student services;
• counseling and/or advising experience preferred;
• ability to acquire and administer external funding for support of programs in the division;
• evidence of effective planning in the management, supervision, and evaluation of the work of others;
• demonstrated experience in managing financial resources effectively;
• demonstrated ability to work effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds, including faculty, students, classified professionals, and administrators;
• demonstrated commitment to shared governance, consensus building, and team approach to management;
• ability to use organizational skills that enable the performance of duties in a timely fashion with attention to detail;
• ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing; and
• ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Conditions of Employment: 224 duty days and 22 vacation days for a total of 246 days.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $107,159 – $133,694 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $1,945 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including health, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance as well as disability coverage for employees. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who submit all the required documents and who meet the qualifications, a selection committee will determine the candidates that meet the highest degree of desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview.
The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions. Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the President and Chancellor for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the Chancellor and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service minded organization and respond, as best we can, to the needs of our applicants and the faculty and administrators we work with in the District.
For more information, contact the Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 226-0720, fax (559) 229-7039. For information on Fresno City College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 2765.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/404385
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.