Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/16/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Web Developer will develop original and innovative electronic designs from concept to completion to support the branding direction and consistency of design as it relates to the University and the departments it supports.
The Web Developer will develop, manage and maintain websites in a content management environment. In addition, this position will work with the Web and Graphic Designer to create attractive, highly usable interfaces for University of La Verne web, digital and mobile applications. Duties within projects will include: graphic design, user interface design, site architecture, front-end coding, web traffic and usability analysis, social media integration, documentation, online search engine strategies and browser compatibility testing.
The Web Developer will create original designs within the University WordPress template using appropriate web-authoring software. Prepare and place graphics (Jpeg, Gif, PNG, Flash and video) in existing site templates into site. Additional duties include:
• Maintain, implement, and support web pages and/or web sites for departments.
• Develop the information architecture, taxonomy and presentation for department web sites, ensuring they adhere to campus guidelines and web best practices.
• Learn and apply new web/electronic media technologies and techniques.
• Assist in the design, production and deployment of electronic marketing messages via HTML email blasts.
• Manage website updates, including design changes, content updates, and graphic enhancements.
• Suggest new site features that increase visitor engagement and conversion.
The Web Developer will implement visual design concepts in web, flash and HTML5 applications. The position will create design solutions that address artistic objectives and curator needs, including the design of screen layouts, content presentation and user interface elements. Additional duties include:
Manage multiple concurrent projects while maintaining high standards of excellence, conformity to university graphic standards and positive, cooperative attitude.
• Design new site templates and associated functionality based upon user requirements.
o Implement and edit web content including text and image.
o Assist with encoding of streaming audio and video clips where necessary.
Design web page layouts based on existing style guidelines, and create optimized graphics for multi platform implementation.
Using WordPress Enterprise management system, the Web Developer will help organize and define each areas web site content goals. Additional duties include:
Management of content data; maintain and support additions, changes and revisions on a timely basis.
• Develop, train and support training materials to assist faculty and staff in learning and using a content management system.
• Communicate effectively with departments to ensure that their site is accurate, up-to-date, and meets the campus’ standards for web communications.
• Troubleshoot WordPress access, usability, login, feature and functionality issues for web pages.
• Liaise with University constituents to increase usage and adoption of web and web related technologies offered and Office of Information Technology for back-end support of the Web system.
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.