Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/15/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The candidate will be a vital member of the Sport Industry Operations faculty and will be required to follow all faculty responsibilities described in the MSU Denver Handbook for Professional Personnel.
Depending on expertise and Department needs, the candidate must be able to teach in preferably two or more of the following areas at the undergraduate level: Sport Promotion & Marketing, Sport Law, Sport Media, Sport Governance, Sport Venue Management, Organization & Administration of Sport, Sport Finance, and Sport in Society. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to engage in scholarship activities, advise and mentor undergraduate students, supervise student fieldwork experiences, assume an active role in appropriate professional organizations, and provide service to the department, school, university and profession. The position is a ten-month per year, tenure-track appointment. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate must have the ability to work with historically underrepresented students, including students of color.
Appointment begins Fall 2014.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Teaching 12 credit hours per semester related to the SIO curriculum;
2) Advising students;
3) Engaging in scholarly activities appropriate to the discipline.
4) Facilitate and supervise student fieldwork experiences in sport industry;
5) Networking and marketing the SIO program in the greater Denver area, nationally, and internationally;
6) Performing academic service to the department, school, University, and community
The successful candidate will have the ability to work with historically underrepresented students, including students of color, and be committed to assisting the University, at the Department level, in its endeavor to become a Hispanic Serving Institution.
Earned Doctorate in Sport Administration/Sport Management or related discipline. ABD at time of start date, with a designated date of completion within 12 months of start date, will be considered.
• Higher education teaching experience in Sport Industry/Sport Management discipline
• Experience with accreditation, assessment of student learning, and curriculum development
• Involvement as a member of a national/international professional association related to sport industry operations
• Professional experience in the sport industry
• Applicants with demonstrated experience in the recruitment and/or retention of underrepresented students, including students of color.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
For your file to be considered complete you must submit copies of transcripts. If you are unable to attach them at the time of application, please submit via fax, e-mail or mail.
HPS Search F 347
Human Performance and Sport
P.O. Box 173362, CB 25
Denver CO 80217
Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.