Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/18/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Devises and executes a strategic public and media relations program that reinforces the UVU brand and raises the institution's profile. Writes and manages editorial and public relations-related content for a variety of media and platforms to advance the University's mission. Interfaces with the news media to tell the UVU story.
1. Works with AVP in determining and executing media relations strategy. Serves as a campus spokesperson. Interfaces with media outlets, actively pitches stories, and manages requests for information.
2. Serves as editor-in-chief to institutional/alumni magazine.
3. Writes, edits and manages public relations-related copy for a variety of platforms, campus clients and publications, including but not limited to, news releases, feature articles, video scripts, and other PR materials.
4. Directs staff writers and supervises personnel, which includes work allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
5. Assists with internal communications needs of the University.
6. Provides public relations guidelines and expertise to University clients; liaises with on-campus clients, including campus experts, to provide media training, media relations assistance and public relations support as appropriate; serves as account executive for internal campus clients as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.