Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/27/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Montgomery College (Maryland), Takoma Park/Silver Spring, is seeking an English as a Second Language (ESL) faculty member to fill a position beginning Fall 2012 for the American English Language Program (AELP) within the Department. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Assignment begins August, 2012, contingent upon available funding.
Online applications must be received by Monday, January 30, 2012.
Starting salary range is $46,521 to $67,971 per academic year.
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
ESL (AELP) Full-time Faculty – Position 2620 – Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Faculty members are expected to teach a full range of ESL courses, including writing/grammar, reading, and speaking/listening from high beginner to advanced, as assigned.
• Faculty members teach 30 semester hours per academic year (fall/spring), and a teaching schedule may include morning, afternoon, night, weekend and/or evening hours. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes.
• Faculty members will be expected to serve on department, campus, and college committees, advise students, maintain an active program of professional development, participate in professional organizations and activities.
As a condition of faculty employment, the following are required:
• Participation in a retirement plan (State of Maryland Requirement).
• Receipt of official transcript for the highest degree earned.
• Receipt of three letters of professional reference.
• Master’s degree or higher in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or related field with 18 graduate credits in TESOL and/or Applied Linguistics.
• Recent experience teaching a range of ESL courses in the college environment.
• Computer literacy, including accessing information for advising purposes.
• A letter of interest must be attached to the online application in order to be considered.
• Teaching experience in ESL composition, reading or oral communication, English for Academic Purposes (EAP) at the community college level.
• Demonstrated versatility and innovation in teaching methods that enhance the learning and language acquisition of a multicultural student population.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully incorporating technology into pedagogy.
• Knowledge of a second language and culture.
• Experience in taking leadership roles within an academic department; willingness to take on leadership roles.
In order to be considered for the position, you must complete the following steps:
• Create the Montgomery College online employment profile/application, please visit: www.montgomerycollege.edu and click on “Jobs” at the bottom of the page.
• After you complete your application, please be sure you have applied to this position.
• You will be prompted to answer several questions (assessment) in order to successfully apply to the job.
• Failure to complete the assessment will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
• Submission of a letter of interest attached to the application is required.
Montgomery College, a two-year community college with a credit student enrollment of over 35,000 and over 25,000 continuing education enrollments, and 1,800 regular employees, is a multi-campus institution located in Montgomery County, Maryland. It has earned a reputation as one of the leading community colleges in the nation by applying a winning formula: excellence in teaching; innovative partnerships; and unrivaled leadership.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution that is committed to equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.