Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/7/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Dean is responsible for academic and administrative leadership for the College of Science and Health as well as developing and implementing a scholarly and educational vision; managing the College's budget, and developing academic policies and programs.
In addition, the Dean performs the following essential functions:
-Identify new program direction in discipline areas and maintain and regularly evaluate curricula of current programs in accordance with institutional standards.
- Facilitate the development of strategic and long-range educational plans including the allocations of human and fiscal resources in accordance with need and within authorized limits.
- Coordinate the development and fund raising efforts to expand the financial resources available to the College.
- Keep abreast of and maintains best-practices management strategies utilizing appropriate educational administration techniques and procedures.
- Work closely with the local business community to develop partnerships, assess educational needs and develop programs to respond to those needs. Initiate and maintain collaborative relationships with local educational agencies, other state and federal agencies, and civic and professional organizations.
- Provide leadership and supervision in outcome assessment for College programs.
- Recruit and retain a diverse body of faculty and staff with the academic credentials and practical experience to maintain high quality academic programs.
- Recommend salary adjustments, leave of absence, tenure, and rank advancement for faculty and staff. Provide for a regular program of faculty and staff performance evaluation in accordance with university standards and policy.
- Manage College and department budgets and approve expenditures by departments in the area of personnel, travel, current expense and capital.
- Establish and maintain open channels of communication by ensuring the regular meeting of department chairs, faculty, and advisory committees within the College.
- Prepare and review reports, evaluations, and other related materials for accrediting bodies and actively seek accreditation when appropriate.
- Recommend to the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs the assignment of faculty and staff to university-wide committees.
- Provide an environment supportive of equal opportunity and affirmative action and the achievement of affirmative action goals for the College and perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Work with department chairs and assistant the dean to determine faculty workloads and class schedules.
- Develop programs of continuing education in coordination with other campus administration or community partners.
- Ensure yearly performance evaluations are completed for faculty and staff in accordance with University and College standards and policies.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.