Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/7/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Dean will be responsible for academic and administrative leadership for University College as well as the responsibility of developing and implementing a scholarly and educational vision; managing the College's budget, and develop academic policies and programs.
In addition, the Dean performs the following essential functions:
- Identify new program direction in discipline areas and maintain and regularly evaluate curricula of current programs in accordance with institutional standards.
- Facilitate the development of strategic and long-range educational plans including the allocations of human and fiscal resources in accordance with need and within authorized limits.
- Work closely with the local business community to develop partnerships, assess educational needs and develop programs to respond to those needs. Initiate and maintain collaborative relationships with local educational agencies, other state and federal agencies, and civic and professional organizations.
- Develop, administer, coordinate, and promote academic programs and academic support functions of University College; manage and monitor the human and fiscal resources of the College; provide leadership in the development and implementation of University policy, strategic plans and goals, and coordinate planning, budgeting and accountability processes; work with Department Chairs, Directors, and Coordinators to allocate and oversee department/unit budgets; administer the use of assigned physical facilities and plan for future needs.
- Promote and support the inclusive nature of an open admission institution and the role of the College to encourage successful student transitions, learning outcomes, and achievement of goals; develop effective student recruitment and retention strategies in collaboration with relevant units at the University.
- Foster teaching excellence, curriculum development, engaged learning, and assessment of student learning outcomes; support faculty hiring, retention, tenure, and promotion processes; work with Departments to choose Department Chairs.
- Ensure yearly performance evaluations are completed for faculty and staff in accordance with University and College standards and policies.
- Coordinate and promote program proposals, reviews, assessment, and other academic matters with Department Chairs, Deans, and appropriate personnel at other USHE institutions; support Department Chairs and faculty in implementing curricular innovations with defined educational outcomes; stay abreast of trends and issues in Higher Education at the regional, national, and global levels.
- Prepare and review reports, evaluations, and other related materials for accrediting and other review bodies.
- Establish and maintain open channels of communication with Department Chairs, faculty, staff and College committees and advisory groups. Serve as a member of Academic Affairs Council; fulfill expected general duties on Council and specific responsibility to collaborate with other Council members to address advisement issues across campus.
- Value and promote the strengths and diversity of scholarly disciplines and support services within the College; establish an effective administrative team within the College; advocate for the faculty and staff of the College while meeting responsibilities as an administrator within the University.
- Serve on standing and ad hoc committees as assigned and other duties as assigned by the President and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.