Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/27/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Montgomery College (Maryland), Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, has an immediate need for a full-time Surgical Technology/Clinical Coordinator faculty member to fill a position beginning January 2012.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Surgical Technology/Clinical Coordinator Full-time Faculty - Position #2612 – Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus.
Assignment begins January 2012, contingent upon available funding.
This job posting is open until filled .
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Clinical Coordinator will be responsible for organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and general effectiveness of clinical experiences and outcomes for students enrolled in the surgical technology program.
• Responsibilities include didactic and laboratory instruction and assisting with the coordination of clinical placements for students, providing direction and guidance of clinical instructors, laboratory and clinical instruction.
• The Clinical Coordinator should pursue ongoing formal training designed to maintain and upgrade his/her professional, instructional, and administrative capabilities. Faculty members serve on department, discipline campus and college committees as well as advise students.
• The credential of the Clinical Coordinator must be in the field of surgical technology and through a national credentialing organization that is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA). The Clinical Coordinator should have a minimum of one year of current operating room experience. Current operating room experience is defined as one of the last three years spent as a practicing surgical technologist and/or instructor in surgical technology.
As a condition of faculty employment, the following are required:
• Participation in a retirement plan (State of Maryland Requirement).
• Receipt of official transcript for the highest degree earned.
• Receipt of three letters of professional reference.
• Health requirements may be needed by specific health care agencies for faculty to visit students during clinical experiences. These may include documentation of current immunizations, annual clearance for tuberculosis, and seasonal influenza vaccinations. Documentation of current healthcare provider level of CPR-BLS is required. Criminal background clearance and drug/alcohol testing may be required for faculty to visit students during clinical experiences.
• An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
• Must have one of the following credentials: CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) CSA (Certified Surgical Assistant) or CFA (Certified First Assistant).
• One year of current operating room experience, in addition to institutional qualifications.
• Computer and software skills including the use of MSOffice with Word and PowerPoint, as well as other teaching methodologies, requiring the use of technology such as Smart Instructor Work Stations.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• Teaching experience is also preferred.
In order to be considered for the position, you must complete the following steps:
• Create the Montgomery College online employment profile, please visit: www.montgomerycollege.ed, click on "Jobs" at the bottom of the page.
• After you complete your profile, please be sure you have applied to this position which will prompt you to complete an application.
• You will be prompted to answer several questions (assessment) in order to successfully apply to the job. The assessment must be completed for consideration.
• Failure to complete the assessment will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
• Be sure you have electronically signed your application or it will not be reviewed.
Montgomery College, a two-year community college with a credit student enrollment of over 35,000 and over 25,000 continuing education enrollments, and 1,800 regular employees, is a multi-campus institution located in Montgomery County, Maryland. It has earned a reputation as one of the leading community colleges in the nation by applying a winning formula: excellence in teaching; innovative partnerships; and unrivaled leadership.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution that is committed to equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.