Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/6/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The College of Education and Organizational Leadership at the University of La Verne invites applications for a one year Visiting Assistant Professor in the Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership Program. We seek a dynamic, creative, scholarly-practitioner committed to quality teaching, student success, and scholarship. The Doctoral Program in Organizational Leadership is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and is considered one of the most successful programs of its kind. Since 1976 it has prepared leaders in the fields of K-12 education, higher education, government, and nonprofit organizations. The core competencies of the program include leadership, change, and contribution as they relate to personal and interpersonal, team, and organizational effectiveness. The program is cohort-based and consists of three years of coursework delivered face-to-face as well as virtually. Honoring both practice and scholarship, the curriculum provides depth and breadth of understanding and development culminating in a research dissertation that makes a major contribution to the field. The mission of the doctoral program is “to develop scholarly practitioners as leaders and architects of change who make significant contributions to the organizations and communities they serve.”
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver high quality, state-of-the art doctoral education
• Design, teach, and facilitate small and large group experiential learning activities in a blended learning environment
• Teach research, organizational leadership theories and practice, group development and training
• Teach, advise, and coach students in academic research
• Participate in dissertation advisement and serve on dissertation committees
• Make scholarly contributions to the field, the doctoral program, and the university community
• Attend department, college, and university faculty meetings, serve on committees, and participate in other university activities
• Keep current in theory and practice related to program content
• Must be willing to work some weekends and evenings in addition to weekdays
Required Qualifications (All applicants must):
• Possess an earned Ed.D. or Ph.D. in education with an emphasis in leadership or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution
• Have knowledge of pertinent theories and practices as they relate to program content
• Demonstrate ability to successfully teach graduate/postgraduate level courses including research using adult learning strategies both face-to-face and virtually in small and large group settings
• Possess effective interpersonal skills – able to work with diverse, adult populations in close, academic, and professional working relationships
• Have a record of or potential for scholarly publication and research in the discipline
• Live or relocate to within 90 minutes driving distance to the main campus is required
Preferred Qualifications (Preference will be given to candidates with):
• Evidence of knowledge, skills, and experience in teaching/training leadership, team, and organizational dynamics and theory
• Evidence of teaching research courses at the graduate/post-graduate level
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, change-oriented, and collaborative environment
• Experience or potential for advising and serving on doctoral dissertation committees
• Recent experience in educational leadership position
• Active participation in academic/professional organizations
Recruitment begins immediately and review of applications begins immediately.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.