Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/24/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
To administer the University’s Affirmative Action Plan utilizing federal (Executive Order 11246) and state statues.
Management of the Search and Screen Process (50%):
Updates and monitors the search and screening process for compliance with the provisions of the EO Programs governing practices. Informs and advises all search and screening committees of the University’s search and screening process to ensure the screening committees are compliant with the provisions of the EO program’s hiring practices. Manages the search and screening files for all searches; responds to inquiries from screening committee members regarding searches. Responds to applicants questions when formal inquiries are made on their status in a search. Seeks methods of automating and facilitating the search and screening process to expedite and complete searches in an efficient and timely manner. Monitors posting and processes in the online application system in relation to the search process.
Compliance Reporting/Data Collection (15%): Oversight and responsibility for search and screening data collection and data entry into the Adverse Impact Auditing systems to generate the required EO analysis and reports needed by the EO Director for the Affirmative Action Plan. Oversight and responsibility for data collections and reporting of availability analysis, utilization analysis, workforce analysis, etc. to generate the required information needed by the EO Director for the Affirmative Action Plan. Works closely with IT staff to optimize and streamline the reporting process through technology.
Recruitment/Community Outreach (20%): In collaboration with Senior officers of the University and department representatives, prepares the University’s affirmative action plan. Educates and collaborates with the schools and departments on recruitment programs to diversify the workforce. Reviews position announcements for faculty and exempt personnel, and ensures compliance with University policies. Over-site of all advertising for faculty and exempt positions for the University. Attends job fairs and conferences for recruitment purposes; responding to inquiries about positions and to promote the University to the community. Works with marketing and communications on materials for distribution at job, recruitment, and community fairs.
Supervision (5%): Responsible for supervision of administrative support in posting announcements, tracking data in online application system, and processes related to online application system and the search process.
Education and University Outreach (5%): Represents the EO Office at University Trainings, ie: New Employee Orientation, Faculty Orientations.
EO Investigations and Special Assignments(5%): In collaboration with the Executive Director of EO, assists in investigations surrounding MSU Denver student and employee complaints and grievances. Accepts special assignments and projects when requested.
1. Bachelor’s or JD degree.
2. Five years experience as a professional staff person in Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action compliance office.
3. Knowledgeable of the requirements for writing an Affirmative Action Plan.
4. Has written an Affirmative Action Plan within the last 3 years that is in compliance with Executive 11246.
5. Must have completed an underutilization analysis (including an adverse impact analysis) per the requirements of Executive Order 11246.
6. Strong computer skills (e.g., word processing, Power Point, Data bases- Excel, etc.)
7. Three years of experience in complex research/analytical skills (e.g., Affirmative Action utilization/Availability analysis, EO Adverse Impact analysis, PeopleAdmin/other-application and position tracking system etc.).
8. Knowledge and experience writing and implementing a recruitment plan to diversify the workforce of an organization or institution.
9. Proven conflict resolution/mediation skills.
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
1. Master’s degree.
2. Demonstrable skills in unlawful discrimination investigation and report writing;
3. Demonstrable skills in using an automated utilization analysis system and 4. Experience with a People Soft, People Admin, or similar online application system.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official Transcripts will be required of all finalists.
1.To demonstrate your skills and abilities to write a compliant Affirmative Action, provide a copy an Affirmative Action you have written within the last 3 years and the name of the organization you wrote it for. Please attach this as the writing sample.
2.To demonstrate your skills and abilities to recruit a diverse workforce, provide a copy of a recruitment plan for diversifying the workforce that you have written within the last 3 years and the name of the organization you wrote it for. Please attach this as your “other document.”
3.In your references attachment please provide the name of your current supervisor that can attest to your skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position and your skills and abilities to write an Affirmative Action and recruitment plan for diversifying the workforce also please include provide 3 additional references that can attest to your skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position.
Screening begins 10/01/2013 and continues until interviews begin.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.