Detailed Job Description
OFFICIAL TITLE: Vice President for Enrollment Management (NON-UNIT)
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the President
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervises Offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, and Marketing
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Worcester State University is a selective, state-assisted, four-year comprehensive university. The Vice President for Enrollment Management is responsible for developing and coordinating university-wide enrollment management processes that address the recruitment, enrollment, retention, and graduation of students, disbursing financial assistance and scholarships, and marketing the university to local, regional, and international constituencies. Additionally, the Vice President for Enrollment Management chairs the university’s Enrollment Management Committee and coordinates data and market research to help inform university-wide strategic planning initiatives. The Vice President of Enrollment Management supervises the departments of Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, and Marketing.
- Responsible for the enrollment management of first-time freshmen and transfer students enrolled in the day and evening programs, as well as expanding international student enrollment.
- Provide support for enrollment growth of non-traditional and adult learners in the university’s Department of Graduate and Continuing Education.
- Responsible for the development of a comprehensive market and data driven approach to recruitment and enrollment.
- Responsible for diversifying and expanding the applicant market to insure steady enrollment goals while at the same time meeting the admissions standards of the Department of Higher Education.
- Responsible for maintaining the enrollment of the diverse student population in the highly competitive environment.
- Responsible for developing and implementing financial aid policies for prospective students as well as ensuring the timely delivery of financial aid to currently enrolled students.
- Responsible for joint admissions programs and the development and maintenance of articulation agreements as well as the policies relative to transfer student admissions and the transfer of credit.
- Responsible for the dissemination of enrollment information to various campus constituents by participation in appropriate committees and by preparing enrollment reports and projections.
- Chair the university-wide Enrollment Management Committee, which coordinates the university’s enrollment practice and facilitates retention initiatives
- Assists with market research to determine institutional reputation, position the College effectively, and match student demand to curricular offerings that are consistent with institutional mission.
- Works with the Office of International Studies to coordinate the recruitment and matriculation of international students.
- Monitors admissions, recruitment, financial aid policies and practices to insure that the highest ethical standards are maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining effective coordination between the Enrollment Management and the other divisions of the university.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of university marketing initiatives and establishing metrics to assess return on marketing investment.
- Master’s Degree and academic credentials suitable to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position required; doctorate degree desirable.
- Significant supervisory experience in higher education enrollment management, such as admissions, financial aid, and/or registrar’s office; experience should demonstrate progressive increases in supervisory responsibilities.
- Demonstrated success in planning and implementing comprehensive enrollment management initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience in working with data and software/systems associated with enrollment management practices.
- Understanding of marketing and market research within the context of admissions and enrollment management, as well as organizational branding and outreach.
- Understanding of appropriate enrollment management best practices, operations, and regulations.
- Excellent administrative, supervisory, and organizational skills required.
- Ability to articulate and communicate well with students, parents, faculty, and staff members.
About Worcester State University
Worcester State University is a public institution of higher learning set on 58 acres in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts. We are dedicated to preparing students for personal success, rewarding careers, and effective citizenship in the 21st century. We offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the traditional liberal arts and sciences, teacher education, biomedical sciences, business, and the health professions. The Princeton Review has selected WSU as a “Best Northeastern University” for the 9th consecutive year
This is a non-unit professional position.
Worcester State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
If interested, use the Apply Now button below which will take you to the posting on Worcester State's website. Detailed instructions are listed there.