Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/20/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Department of Social Work at the Metropolitan State University of Denver is seeking applicants for tenure track assistant professor position (category I) with experience in teaching research and practice. The candidate must have the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a culturally diverse urban population.
The successful candidate will have primary assignment to the MSW program and teach courses in the areas of research and practice. Teaching may include teaching in the BSW program. The successful candidate will update and modify online and on campus course material and take leadership within one or more content areas.
The successful candidate will advise primarily MSW students.
The candidate should also have an active and ongoing scholarly agenda and demonstrate the ability to produce peer-reviewed scholarship.
The successful candidate will perform service work including work on departmental and university-wide committees, community activities, and other duties as assigned by the Chair.
1. Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)-accredited institution.
2. Doctorate in Social Work or related field from regionally-accredited institution of higher learning (ABD will be considered with evidence that the degree will be conferred by August 1st, 2014).
1) Previous graduate or undergraduate teaching experience.
2) Previous teaching in an online or distributed learning context.
3) Peer-reviewed publication.
4) Two years post MSW practice experience.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.