Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/4/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President for Student Success and Retention, the Director of First Year Experience and Student Retention directs the daily activities of the First Year Experience and Student Retention department. This position oversees development and implementation of UVU's First Year Experience, orientation, and early intervention programs. This position involves working closely with faculty members, students, and administrators in a collaborative and collegial manner to support student success.
1. Directs, supervises, and coordinates day-to-day department operations including staff supervision, budget management, policy compliance, and program assessment.
2. Leads department staff and develops the strategic vision for department.
3. Develops and directs the First Year Experience, orientation, and early intervention programs for students to ensure their academic experience meets their expectations and the university's objectives.
4. Supervises the collection of retention and graduation data and analyzes the data for use in managing and updating programs and activities.
5. Communicates with various stakeholders and coordinates program activities with campus and student organizations. Prepares presentations and training to various internal and external organizations who partner with the university to ensure first year student success and on-going retention.
6. Collaborates with various administrative groups whose interaction is relevant to the department mission and objectives.
7. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.