Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/9/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Orange County Campus is one of nine regional campuses serving the adult learner that comprise the University’s Regional Campus Administration (RCA). The campus offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees in the fields of business and education.
The campus director manages all administrative aspects of the campus and works in cooperation with the academic colleges to insure that the academic programs offered at the campus are of the highest quality.
Campus Director Duties
MANAGE ORANGE COUNTY CAMPUS 25%
1. Manage day-to-day operations of the campus.
2. Supervise 1 full-time classified employee and 3 full-time administrative/professional employees.
3. Implement and enforce University policies and procedures.
4. Learn, understand and use the University software system (Banner) to be able to supervise staff, interface with main campus departments and advise students.
5. Attend meetings on the central campus to meet with Regional Campus Management, Registrar’s Office, Financial Aid Office and other administrative offices as required to maintain high level of communication and interdepartmental understanding.
6. Create and manage budget 11810001 and monitor spending against budget.
7. Manage VA/TA processes so as the campus is in compliance with VA/TA regulations.
8. Work collegially with other ULV programs located at the Orange County Campus
MANAGE THE ACADEMIC PROGRAMS 25%
1. Foster and maintain an atmosphere to enhance student learning.
2. Recruit, screen and recommend part-time faculty.
3. Select courses, assign faculty, arrange for facilities and prepare projected schedules.
4. Maintain a positive relationship and work cooperatively with academic departments, faculty and staff.
5. Review instructor syllabi and visit courses on a regular basis to monitor academic environment of the campus and report to supervisor.
6. Communicate effectively the academic concerns and the administrative needs and plans of Orange County Campus to RCA Dean and the central campus.
STUDENT RECRUITMENT EFFORTS FOR THE CAMPUS 20%
1. Establishes corporate, community college, and other organization relations in developing new business initiatives to support regional campus enrollment goals.
2. Assumes joint accountability for new student recruitment goals and current student retention goals.
3. Develop and maintain a strong positive relationship with the Enrollment Management/RCA marketing and admissions staff. Actively participate with the Assistant Director of Admissions in developing a recruitment strategy for the campus.
4. Discuss ULV’s programs with prospective students.
5. Participate in recruitment presentations and organization meetings with marketers/recruitment and admissions personnel.
6. Implement and supervise the student retention plan for the campus.
7. Review the print and other mass media advertising as planned by the marketing unit.
8. Review the Orange County Campus website to ensure all information is current and suggest ways to enhance the site to attract new prospective students
ACADEMIC ADVISING 20%
1. Supervise the academic advising process of Orange County Campus. Ensure that student records are reviewed and updated each term for all students enrolled through the campus.
2. Provide academic information advising and decisions using full knowledge of ULV Gen. Ed. and major requirements.
3. Manage and resolve student concerns and grievances.
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT 10%
1. Ensure campus facilities are maintained in a professional, clean, safe condition.
2. Liaison with the property management to maintain a professional/academic physical plant.
3. Communicate facility issues/needs with Regional Campuses Director of Administration and Operations.
4. Participate in lease negotiations and relocation process when needed.
5 years of administrative / management experience in Higher Education (preference given to those with experience with adult-learner programs and/or regional campuses)
Higher education experience with the adult learner in the areas of marketing; academic advising, adjunct teaching, and/or management/administration
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan.
Applications will be open through mid-September with interviews following soon thereafter. The position is available immediately.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.