Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/9/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Department of Social Work at the Metropolitan State University of Denver is seeking applicants for tenured associate professor position (category I) to direct the undergraduate social work program. We are seeking candidates with demonstrated experience successfully teaching, mentoring, and advising diverse underserved students, including students of color and non-traditional students. The position will begin in July 2014.
The successful candidate will have primary assignment to the BSW program and teach courses in their area of expertise. Teaching may include teaching in the MSW program. The successful candidate will update and modify online and on campus course material and take leadership within one or more content areas.
The successful candidate will advise primarily BSW students.
The successful candidate is expected to have a demonstrated record of scholarship commensurate with tenure. The candidate should also have an active and ongoing scholarly agenda and produce peer reviewed scholarship.
The candidate will be assigned 50% release time for oversight of the BSW program with an additional 25% available for oversight of the CSWE reaffirmation slated for February 2016. The successful candidate will perform service work including work on departmental and university-wide committees, community activities, and other duties as assigned by the Chair.
1) Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)-accredited institution.
2) Doctorate in Social Work or related field from regionally-accredited institution of higher learning
1) Doctorate in Social Work or related field from regionally-accredited institution of higher learning.
2) Previous leadership experience in higher education
3) Peer-reviewed publications
4) At least five years of social work education experience at the graduate or undergraduate level.
5) Previous teaching in an online or distributed learning context
6) Experience with CSWE accreditation standards and process.
IMPORTANT:In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the onlinbe application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate sleected for hire
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.