Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/7/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating and executing the University’s annual giving program. Annual giving includes the University’s direct mail and phone campaigns for corporations, alumni, individuals, family, faculty and staff. The Director will also be responsible for making some personal donor calls on individuals within these constituencies.
Additionally, this person serves as an active member of Advancement and External Relations Division in working to meet the overall goals of the University. This includes participation in appropriate meetings and projects as identified and assigned. Must have the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population.
- Create, refine and define a comprehensive plan for the annual giving program including:
- Developing the case for, and strategies in support of, a multi-channel program.
- Direct and participate in the creation of support materials and solicitations.
- Create, implement and coordinate event(s) to cultivate relationships in the community, with alumni and corporations and to generate support and interest in the University.
- Work with appropriate university staff to guide departmental membership programs (Center for Visual Arts, Athletics, Letters Arts and Sciences programs, etc.).
- Identify and negotiate contracts, as well as manage relationships with third party vendors.
- Refine and define appropriate dashboard and metric reporting systems to ensure success; and use that information in an informed decision making environment to shape strategy and action.
- Build and manage internal and external relationships necessary for success of the annual fund and alumni programs
- Effectively manage financial and human resources for impact.
- Have a willingness and ability to personally solicit gifts.
- Effectively identify and utilize data for informed decision making.
- Be able and willing to work outside the normal work hours, including evenings and some weekends.
- Serve as the development office liaison with the Office of Student Life/Activities
Student salaries In excess of $50,000
Operations budget: In excess of $60,000
Call Center Manager
Co-manage administrative support position
Significant internal contact with campus personnel. External contact with Foundation and Alumni board members; corporate, foundation and non-profit business leaders; and alumni and individuals interested in supporting the university. Membership in various organizations related to the University and fundraising.
PERCENT OF JOB DUTY/RESPONSIBILITY
60% – Develop and implement strategies coordinate solicitation efforts and overall program development for a multi-channel annual giving program that resonate within the goals of an alumni-centric culture. Direct and actively participate in the creative process for cultivation and solicitation. Develop strategies to move annual donors up the gift ladder to major donor status. Carry a small donor portfolio (donors giving between $500 and $2,500). Serve as the development liaison for Student Life/Activities.
25% – Supervise the call center manager and assist as necessary. Identify and negotiate contracts with third party vendors as needed. Manage relationships with third party contracts and others in strengthening the program.
5% – Operate within MSU Denver Foundation and development policies and procedures; Refine systematic metric and dashboard reports necessary to make informed decisions about the program’s progress.
10% – Participate in appropriate meetings and strategic planning sessions as identified.
The Director plans, implements and directs an aggressive multi-channel annual fund to successfully raise funds and strengthen relationships that benefit MSU Denver.
Create and manage relationships with Deans, Athletic Department, Alumni Relations, development staff and other appropriate University in support of the University’s strategic plan.
A Bachelor’s degree.
A minimum of two years successful marketing, sales, fundraising or institutional advancement experience; an understanding of the power and potential of social media in creating support; exceptional written and oral communication skills, strong management and leadership skills, and ability to successfully manage multiple projects including excellent project development, organizational and analytical skills; ability to work independently, and working knowledge of relationship management software. Demonstrated ability to establish performance goals and standards of excellence to ensure optimal results; Demonstrated ability to develop strategies to reach each of the target audiences; ability and willingness to solicit gifts; Aptitude in building and maintaining strong working relationships ; Experience in effectively managing a budget and allocating resources. Willingness to work hours outside the normal working day – some evening and weekend work will be required.
Annual fund, development, sales or marketing experience in a University or university setting.
Experience with relationship management software and its application in building effective internal and external collaborations.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official Transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.