Detailed Job Description
The Director of Prospective Student Services directs the daily operations of the office of Prospective Student Services and The Center for the Advancement of Leadership (CAL) . This includes planning and developing strategies for recruiting prospective graduate and undergraduate students, planning and directing all programs designed to enhance the university's undergraduate student recruitment efforts at high schools and junior colleges. In addition to the overall recruitment efforts, the director will be responsible to work with the CAL Assistant Director to ensure the management, direction, and success of the CAL student certification program. As the primary voice and leader of the Center, the director engages in leadership programming that is collaborative with a wide range of UVU departments as well as other partners within the greater UVU service region. The director is responsible for all management duties (fiscal and operational), strategic direction, public relations, advisory board relations, fund-raising, and leadership programming, for the center.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master's degree and five years of related professional experience. Also recommended is a significant background in applied student recruitment and enrollment marketing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of college recruiting programs and methods, techniques of high school/college recruitment.
Knowledge of computerized student information systems.
Knowledge of faculty/staff hiring processes and procedures.
Knowledge of internet recruitment tools.
Knowledge of organizational structure, work flow, and operating procedures.
Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Strong proven leadership ability, including interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituencies
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org