Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/23/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Tufts University's Office of Student Transition aims to assist new undergraduates to embark on an engaged and enriching college career by supporting students’ development of purpose within the intellectual community. The office strives to:
The College Transition Advisor serves as a proactive academic advisor to liberal arts undergraduates from admission until they declare their majors. The Advisor acts as a source of general information and referral source. Working closely with the other members of the advising team as well as other faculty and staff, s/he empowers students to develop and maintain effective connections within the University community. In addition, the College Transition Advisor (Social Sciences) acts as the primary liaison with faculty members in Social Science departments and interdisciplinary programs as well as the primary generalist advisor to pre-major students interested in these fields.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in education in administration, school counseling, or teaching, with at least 6 months of experience in higher education, in higher education administration, academic advising, peer mentoring/tutoring, or other roles that require frequent contact with college students
• Excellent skills in writing and interpersonal communication
• Must successfully complete all appropriate backgrounds checks as required
• A Master's degree in higher education administration or counseling is preferred.
• Two (2) or more years of experience in higher education, working in an area of higher education administration, student services, student affairs, or academic advising and support is beneficial.
• Experience using student information and/or learning management systems (e.g. PeopleSoft, Sakai, Blackboard) is a plus.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Occasional evenings and weekends required.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/d4zqvtb
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.