Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
1. Saint Mary’s College, Kalmanovitz School of Education, invites applications for a fulltime Adjunct faculty appointment to serve as Program Director and teach courses in the Tier I Administrative Credential and Master’s Degree Programs.
2. Provide academic/professional leadership for prospective Tier I candidates and/or M.A. degree students interested in becoming K-12 school administrators.
3. Oversee recruitment, admission of students; hiring lecturers.
4. Prepare reports; respond to telephone calls, e-mails, follow-up appointments with prospective candidates.
5. Prepare a mileage report used in recruitment work.
6. Establish and maintain a list of prospective Tier I Administrative Credential candidates with their contact information – phone, e-mail, mailing address, etc.
7. Work in a highly collaborative and culturally diverse campus environment.
8. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the mission of the College, which is informed, animated, and expressed through its Catholic, Lasallian, and Liberal Arts traditions.
Experience and Qualifications:
Ph.D. or Ed.D. in K-12 School Administration and three plus (3+) years as a K-12 School Administrator.
Two plus (2+) years teaching in a higher education environment (2 or 4 year institution, i.e., Tier I Administrative Credential and/or other education leadership/administration courses).
Familiarity with schools and area school districts in the East Bay/San Francisco areas.
Excellent public relations, communication, and technology skills.
Willingness and capacity to meet with prospective students at their work locations.
Experience with strategic planning and curriculum development.
California Clear Administration Credential
Master’s Degree, along with successful K-12 teaching and administrative experience preferably in California.
Three plus (3+) years as a K-12 School Administrator.
Knowledge of current program models in K-12 school administration, especially in California.
Familiarity and/or experience with California Standards for the Tier I Preliminary Administrative Service Credential, the California Accreditation System, and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Depends on Qualifications
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu.1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College2) A resume 3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
Catholic, Lasallian, liberal arts college
De La Salle Christian Brothers
committed to the educational benefits of diversity