Detailed Job Description
The Dean is the Chief Adminstrator of the College and oversees three academic divisions: Teacher Education, Special Education, Health and Physical Education, as well as the Regional Resource Center of Deafness. The College of Education includes several nationally recognized programs that prepare professionals acrosss multiple disciplines. The Division of Teacher Education offers initial teacher licensure programs at the undergraduate and graduate (MAT) levels, masters programs in Education and Information Technology, and endorsements in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and Reading. The Division of Special Education offers masters programs in Interpreting Studies, Rehabilitation Counseling, and Special Education and undergraduate programs in American Sign Language (ASL) Studies and ASL/Interpreting. The Division of Health and Physical Education offers undergraduate programs in Exercise Science and Community Health.
The College takes pride in its 150 year heritage of excellence in teacher education. We are seeking an innovative leader iwth an inclusive spirit and commitment to diversity who can effectively manage and lead the College while preserving and cultivating the national reputation and visibility of its programs.
- Terminal degree in one's academic discipline (PhD preferred) and academic experience commensurate with appointment as a tenured, full professor in an academic unit of the College.
- Minimum of three years experience demonstrating responsible and effective leadership in senior level university administration.
- Experience with teacher licensing issues and program accreditation.
- Ability to understand and represent all programs within the college, as well as support new programs and innovative ideas that build upon the College's existing strengths.
- Evidence of success in attracting external funding and supporting externally funded projects.
Preferred Start Date: July 01, 2014
- Conversant with comtemporary issues in higher education and school reform and experienced in engagement with external agencies and organizations, including school partnerships.
- History of success with The National Coucil for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) program approval.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Dr. Brian Caster, Search Committe Chair, at 503-838-8364 or email@example.com
Questions regarding the application process or to submit your application documents, please contact Human Resources at 503-838-8552 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding the College of Education, visit our website: http://wou.edu/educationClosing Date: Review of applications begins November 1, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.TO APPLY, SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- WOU Faculty Employment Application form available at http://www.wou.edu/facultyapp
- Letter of Interest
- Current curriculum vitae
- Names and complete contact information for five (5) references
- Unofficial copy of transcripts for highest degree earned
S1338, Dean, College of Education, Western Oregon University, Human Resources Dept., 345 N Monmouth Ave., Monmouth, OR 97361; OR E-mail as an attachment to email@example.com OR fax to 503-838-8144.
Western Oregon University is a mid-sized public comprehensive university located in the Monmouth-Independence area, the heart of Oregon's lush Willamette Valley. The University serves a large number of first-generation college students. Western has received national recognition for its commitment and success in serving students. The campus is about 20 minutes from Salem, the state's capital, about 75 minutes from Portland, the state's cultural hub, and a short drive from the Oregon coast, moutains, and other scenic areas. The University is located in an increasingly deverse, bilingual, and rural area in the Willamette Valley. Our student body of about 6000 undergraduate and 800 graduate students enjoys the vibrant and close-knit intellectual community of a leading leberal arts college. Western Oregon University is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.