Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/9/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
OFFICIAL TITLE: Staff Assistant/Coordinator, Student Involvement and Commuter Services
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Associate Dean of Student Affairs/Director of Student Activities and Student Center
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: NONE
1. Develops a diverse array of successful programs and services for commuting students.
2. Work with the programming board, the commuter student organization and other student organizations in the planning and implementation of educational, social, recreational and cultural programs.
3. Responsible for the design, layout, printing and distribution of the student activities and commuter newsletters, weekly stalls, Lancer News, Housing List, monthly calendars and office’s social media.
4. Assist the Student Center/Student Activities, the Residence Life Offices and the weekend programming group in developing and coordinating weekend programs.
5. Work with the student clubs/organizations, resident assistants, SWAT (Student Weekend Activities Team) to increase quality and quantity of weekend programs.
6. Coordinates the emerging leaders and veteran student leaders programs and assists with the coordination of other student leadership training including the student leaders orientation, leadership retreats and other training programs offered throughout the year.
7. Oversees the operation of the Living Room including the hiring, training and supervision of the Living Room Staff.
8. Assists with the Orientation program, including the January, Parent and new student and transfer Orientation programs. Assists with selecting and training the orientation leaders.
9. Recruits students, develops and serves as an advisor to the Commuter Advisory Board.
10. Responsible for coordinating the promotion of all weekend programs.
11. Chaperone trips sponsored by the Student Center/Student Activities Office.
12. Serve on the committees for Homecoming/Family Weekend, Welcome Week and other special events committees as assigned.
13. Supervise evening and weekend programs as needed.
14. Participates in regular staff meetings and advises the Associate Dean on budget development.
15. Conducts appropriate needs assessments including surveys and evaluations related to student activities programming.
16. Serves as program coordinator to assigned student organizations.
17. Interacts with academic departments to encourage development of educational programming opportunities for students.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Worcester State University is a public institution of higher learning set on 58 acres in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts. We are dedicated to preparing students for personal success, rewarding careers, and effective citizenship in the 21st century. We offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the traditional liberal arts and sciences, teacher education, biomedical sciences, business, and the health professions.
Worcester State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applicants must apply online at worcester.interviewexchange.com
Necessary documents for submission include a cover letter, resume, official transcript of highest degree (sent directly from appropriate registrar to address below), and 3 letters of reference signed by hand and dated within the last six months.
All information which can be uploaded to one's e-account should be done so by the applicant; information which cannot may be faxed to 508.929.8163, emailed to email@example.com, or may be sent to the following address:
Director of Human Resources
Worcester State University
486 Chandler Street
Worcester, MA 01602-2597
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.