Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/11/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Associate Vice President will be an integral part of the Office of Academic and Student Affairs (ASA). This position will focus on critical academic and support services designed to help students stay in school and graduate in a timely fashion. This position will oversee and provide direction for units, which individually and collectively contribute to student success; the position will seek synergies among them. This position will supervise the following offices and areas: First Year Success, Student Academic Success Support Center, Testing, Academic Advising, Career Services, Access Center; the position will also work closely with related academic and student affairs departments to ensure that General Studies is delivered effectively and efficiently.
1. Supervisory responsibilities of the Directors of First Year Success, Student Academic Success Support Center, Testing, Academic Advising, Career Services, and the Access Center.
2. Identify and coordinate College-wide initiatives pertaining to the student success centers and programs.
3. Initiate and organize strategies designed to grow and enhance the success of the student success programs.
4. Monitor budgets and expenditures for all centers and programs under supervision.
5. Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of centers and programs and recommend changes as needed.
6. Provide leadership and support for program assessment and evaluation activities in the units within the AVP area or responsibility.
7. Serve as a liaison to insure communication between and integration of the academic General Studies program and the relevant units.
8. Collaborate with personnel across divisions to facilitate implementation of the functions and missions of the student success offices.
9. Support and assist the recruitment and retention of underrepresented students, including students of color.
10. Facilitate initiatives in the Provost's office, working in conjunction with additional Academic and Student Affairs staff to support the Provost.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.