Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/21/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Marketing & Public Relations, oversees the day-to-day media relations operation, including press releases and managing media queries. Writes and edits copy for a wide variety of campus publications and collateral pieces. Assists in managing part-time writers and interns, and contributes to a culture of collaboration, professionalism and punctuality.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Writes for a variety of campus communications and publications, including press releases, news articles, feature stories, promotional copy, etc.
2. Edits copy for accuracy, grammar, clarity, style and other technical and creative considerations; manages and enforces campus writing style guide.
3. Oversees day-to-day media relations operation as it relates to creation and distribution of press releases, directing media queries to the appropriate spokesperson, and pitching story ideas to the media.
4. Acts as assistant editor on campus publications, including UVU Magazine.
5. Assists in development and management of the University's image through effective public relations strategies.
6. Hires, trains and manages part-time writers.
7. Performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.