Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/11/2011.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Associate Vice President of Academic Centers and Programs reports directly to the Provost and will be an integral part of the Division of Academic and Student Affairs (ASA). This position will supervise and provide guidance for the current and future success of the following units: Applied Learning Center (currently the Internship Center, Undergraduate Research, and Service Learning), Center for Individualized Learning, Office of International Studies, Honors Program, Center for Urban Education, and Center for Innovation. Additionally, the AVP will work with others in and beyond the ASA Division on initiatives, special projects, and other duties as assigned by the Provost.
1. Supervise the Directors of the Centers and Programs listed above.
2. Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of Centers and Programs, implement assessment and program evaluation standards, and recommend changes as needed.
3. Identify and coordinate College-wide initiatives pertaining to these Centers and Programs.
4. Initiate and organize projects designed to enhance and increase the success of the Centers and Programs.
5. Monitor budgets and expenditures for the Centers and Programs.
6. Develop strategic plans for the units to coordinate with the plans for the Division and College.
7. Write grants in support of these Centers and Programs.
8. Collaborate with personnel across divisions to implement joint projects.
9. Facilitate special projects to support the Provost, working in conjunction with the Deputy Provost and other Associate Vice Presidents.
10. Integrate organizational practices that promote a democratic workplace.
11. Provide leadership in recruitment and retention of underrepresented students, including students of color, and of underrepresented staff and faculty.
12. Provide leadership and support for program assessment and evaluation activities in the units within the AVP area of responsibility.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.