Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/1/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Office of Alumni Relations (OAR), in collaboration with the Tufts University Alumni Association (TUAA), strives to build lifelong relationships with the students and alumni of Tufts University through extensive programming initiatives on the Tufts Campuses as well as in domestic and international cities. Additionally, alumni programs will engage parents of current students and friends of the University.
The Assistant Director, Shared Interest Groups will develop shared interest alumni groups through identification and cultivation of new alumni affinity segments and contribute to the growth and maintenance of existing chapters. The Assistant Director, Shared Interest Groups will:
• collaborate with the Alumni Committee on Shared Interest Groups to influence strategic direction of outreach to alumni based on affinity and to guide the direction of existing shared interest groups in their marketing and programming efforts;
• pursue opportunities to engage high-potential alumni organizations, primarily professionally-based groups;
• contribute to planning and execution of major OAR/TUAA events and special programming such as the Beelzebubs' 50th anniversary event in 2013 and the President's reception with Tufts Alumni leaders;
• implement a marketing and outreach strategy focused on internal (staff, students, faculty, administration) and external (alumni, friends/partners, parents) contacts to expand the number of shared interest groups and their impact on TUAA;
• engage in the strategic and concerted use of Social Media to further this agenda;
• partner with internal constituencies to develop, engage and cultivate their alumni (e.g. school of engineering, athletics, fraternities and sororities; departmental programs; ethnic and cultural groups);
• support each shared interest alumni group's development of programming, communications, and infrastructure to ensure longevity of all chapters and their connection to Tufts through overall involvement represented by volunteer work, loyalty, and philanthropy;
• work with class reunion committees to plan and execute class reunion events and activities. Partner with Professional School Alumni Offices and their constituencies, as needed;
• supervise students, interns, and junior staff if required.
Master's Degree preferred; knowledge of Higher Education, Advancement, and Tufts University preferred. Experience working with diverse constituencies highly desirable. Should have demonstrable strength in managing challenging personalities and relationships with staff/faculty/volunteers through diplomacy, partnership, and negotiation.Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.