Detailed Job Description
Come; Join-Us where learning makes a difference and diversity matters!
The professional in this position performs a variety of duties in support of the advancement of the goals of the foundation including, but not limited to: overseeing special projects; preparing correspondence and other forms of written communication; planning and coordinating meetings; representing the foundation in the community, as well as development and capital campaign-related activities.
Primary Work Location
A bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution is [required]. The successful candidate in this position must have working knowledge and experience with planning, researching and initiatingspecial projects and campaign-related activities & events. Three years non-profit experience is a [plus]. Must have the abilities to meet the demands of a diverse student population.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Skill in effectively communicating, verbally, interpersonally, and in writing.
2. Skill in the use of personal computers and related office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
3. Ability to perform work and coordinate projects with minimal supervision, both independently and as a team member.
4. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and changing needs, while meeting deadlines.
5. Ability to pay attention to detail, make appropriate decisions in coordinating projects, and follow-through on assignments.
6. Ability to effectively interact with diverse groups of people, in person, over the telephone, and through electronic and social media.
7. Ability to travel among campuses and offsite venues, as necessary.
8. Ability to work evenings and weekends.
9. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Essential Job Functions
1. Spearheads special projects related to development, fundraising, capital campaign, research and other foundation work as assigned.
2. Coordinates and is responsible for the planning and execution of meetings, receptions and other events. Duties include all aspects of event coordination and logistics such as reserving space, coordinating catering, assisting in preparation of agenda as well as media setup and use.
3. Acts as the foundation representative and liaison with other event planning committees within the College and in the community.
4. Attends meetings and events to represent the foundation, including composing minutes, as necessary.
5. Drafts and edits speeches, announcements and other writing assignments.
6. Prepares correspondence for various forms of social media and assists in website updates and maintenance.
7. Manages registrations and communications for events.
8. Advertises events as appropriate.
9. Assists with donor recognition.
10. Assists with gift processing and donor relations, as necessary.
11. Assists in providing phone coverage during office hours.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, the following is required: a complete on-line Valencia College employment application. A resume & cover letter must be attached at the time of application.
To complete the [required] Valencia College employment application and requirements, visit http://valenciacollege.edu/join-us
During the online application process, you will be required to provide a response to specific questions to complete the application process.
All letters of reference must be attached at the time of application.
The size of your documents must be less than 2 MB in MS Word or PDF format.
Need assistance? Feel free to contact our Human Resources Department (407)582-8033. EA/EOProposed Salary
: $35,498 - $55,964 per year
For a referenced outline of additional benefits for this position visit http://valenciacollege.edu/HR/benefits.cfm