Detailed Job Description
Parker University is seeking to hire a Graphic Designer for the Strategic Marketing and Communications department.
The Graphic Designer will report to the Assistant Art Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field with at least one (1) year experience creating graphics in a print environment, required or
- Associate’s degree in a related field with two (2) years equivalent experience creating graphics in a print environment, required
- Expertise in layout and design, required
- Specialized training in computer graphics and design in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, required
- Demonstrable, expert level experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Macintosh OS10 environment, required
- Macintosh experience and computer diagnostic troubleshooting is essential.
- Experience in the use of a 35mm camera, black & white and color photography is a plus.
General office environment and long periods in front of a computer/monitor.
- Excellent verbal and written abilities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically and think long term
- Must have superior ability at job tracking and scheduling
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A self-starter with ability to manage multiple daily tasks and departmental employees
- Demonstrate the ability to think creatively
- Superior proofreading ability
- Excellent management skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage development of all print materials through graphics that includes print timelines, multiple comps for evaluation by the Strategic Marketing Advisory Board, and ensuring designers understand message that is expected.
- Assist in coding html-based email marketing messages
- Set and maintain the creative standards for the department and enforce accountability when standards are not met with the department director.
- Review and approve art and copy materials developed by staff.
- Determine additional needs for training internally & externally and discuss these needs with management.
- Work with creative team to ensure brand based messaging; ensure brand identity design is integrated into all mediums and communications.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and set the pace for change in the industry. Perform ongoing research of print, online and multimedia capabilities.
- Develop and maintain the process of file structure, archiving, photo cataloging and record retrieval for creative team.
- Prepare sketches, layouts, and proofs–by hand and/or with the aid of the computer.
- Other duties as assigned.
Application Process: Please submit resumes and cover letters via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.