Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/23/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Quinnipiac University Frank H. Netter M.D. School of Medicine invited applicants to apply for the position of Associate Dean for Education. The Associate Dean for Education reports to the Dean of the School of Medicine, and is responsible for providing overall leadership and oversight of the educational program leading to the M.D. degree of the School of Medicine. In this capacity, the Associate Dean for Education, working with the Dean and the Senior Associate Dean for Administration and Finance shall obtain and allocate required resources for the program, so as to ensure their programmatic quality, maintain appropriate accreditation, be responsive to the needs of the students and faculty, and attentive to the health care needs of the region, nation, and world.
- Support the faculty in the development and implementation of the educational program leading to the M.D. degree, ensuring it meets the mission of the school, and occurs in a learning environment that emphasizes student-centered learning, professionalism, and inclusivity.
- Identify and recommend to the Dean, faculty to serve in leadership roles for development and implementation of the educational program leading to the M.D. degree.
- Continually assess the relevance and quality of the educational program leading to the M.D. degree in light of the needs of the learners, as well as the needs of the regional, national, and world health care systems.
- Assist the reporting Directors, Coordinators in the execution of their respective duties as necessary and appropriate.
- Assess the operational needs of the educational program leading to the M.D. degree and develop an appropriate annual budget
- Review the performance of each reporting Director, Coordinator, on an annual basis, and recommend salary increments.
- Recommend to the Dean any staffing requests for reporting offices and units.
- Assure the timely completion of all education-related reports and surveys of the reporting programs to required University, local, regional and national offices and organizations.
- Participate in strategic planning activities of the School of Medicine.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean.
Qualifications and Special Instructions to Applicants
- M.D. or Ph.D. degree
- 10 years experience in Medical School administration / Educational Leadership positions
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work with members of the academic and clinical community
- Strong service orientation and commitment to teamwork
Applications must be submitted electronically and should include a resume and a thoughtful cover letter describing your interest in the position, and explaining how your background and experience qualify you for this position.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the university community and we welcome candidates who would enhance that diversity.
Job Code 2013 - 1364
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.