Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/8/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Quinnipiac University invites applicants to apply for the position of Associate Controller. This key position will report to the Associate Vice President for Finance/Controller and be responsible for overseeing all revenue accounting (including fiscal operations of the Bursar's Office), periodic internal and external financial reporting, internal controls, financial analysis and internal audit of accounts, and coordination with outside auditors.
- Responsible for overseeing the fiscal operation of the Bursar's Office and for the development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and integration of computer system applications related to billing, cash receipts, receivables, payment plans, refunds, and other areas as required.
- Primary liaison with other departments of the University for the coordination of sound policies and procedures affecting students' accounts including pricing, financial aid, registration, course load determination, housing, ticket sales and other revenue related areas. Communicates such policies to all internal and external constituents (students, parents, financial aid, admissions, registrar).
- Responsible for oversight and review of the University's Title IV aid and ticket sales (revenue) accounts.
- Prepare financial projections and perform analytical review for revenue accounts.
- Ensures compliance with relevant federal and state regulations pertaining to student aid accounting.
- Primary contact for external auditors in regard to revenues, receivables, deposits and financial aid.
- Responsible for ongoing business process improvement for all revenue related operations, including the Bursar’s office.
- Ensures that accurate information and relevant communications are represented on external and internal Web pages and related team sites on intranet site for the Controller and Bursar offices; maintains the Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Coordinate the preparation and filing of state and federal tax returns including 1098-T’s.
- Supervise a staff of approximately ten employees.
- Other duties, special projects and committees as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Finance/Controller.
Qualifications and Special Instructions to Applicants
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License strongly desired.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting in a complex financial organization, specifically with financial reporting, accounts receivable and billing. Experience can be from a public accounting audit background or a combination of public accounting and private sector/non-profit/higher education institutions in roles such as a Controller, Assistant Controller or Director of Revenue Accounting.
- Knowledge of GAAP principles and audit practices; able to interpret and apply relevant federal and state regulations.
- Knowledge of higher education accounting (specifically related to student accounts and financial aid) is desirable.
- Experience with accounting software systems, ERP’s and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise financial and clerical staff.
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required. Problem-solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills needed to resolve complex situations; highly effective decision-making skills; advanced analytical skills.
All applications must be sent electronically. Applications materials should include a resume and a thoughtful cover letter describing your interest in the position. Contact information for three references must be submitted on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the university community and we welcome candidates who would enhance that diversity.
Job Code 2013 - 1360
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.