Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/18/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Director of Academic Assessment and Program Review provides leadership and expertise in the area of academic assessment and program review to assist the institution in developing, conducting, and maintaining effective assessment practices of its academic programs and related support services. This includes supporting faculty and staff in consistent, ongoing, and effective assessment of student learning outcomes, and facilitating the regular review of academic programs to identify strengths and weaknesses and ensure ongoing viability and effectiveness of such programs. The Director helps ensure that assessment and program review yield meaningful results that lead to improvement or innovation.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Provide direction and administrative management for all aspects of academic assessment and program review.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and administrators to create a vision and strategic plan for academic assessment and program review and implement this plan.
- Work with academic departments to help them develop plans to measure student learning outcomes (goals/outcomes, success criteria, and methods of assessment), analyze data, implement improvements/innovations, and report on their efforts.
- Manage a database of assessment activities for academic programs; train faculty and staff in using this database to track, document, and archive assessment activities.
- Work with academic departments to review degree programs in accordance with institutional and state policies and procedures.
- Support regional and discipline-specific accreditation efforts by overseeing the university's continuing compliance with accreditation by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) as it pertains to academic assessment and program review.
- Stay current in the field of assessment and program review; provide input to the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs for Academic Programs and the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning on current trends, effective practice, and issues associated with assessment and program review.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.