Detailed Job Description
Date: September 2013
Job Description: Director of Admissions
Reports to: Executive Director of Admissions & Student Affairs
Position Overview: Provide the office of admissions with the direction and oversight needed to develop, implement, and monitor the policies, practices, and processes required to meet the student enrollment goals of the College.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the processing of graduate and undergraduate applications.
- Develop and implement intake policies and procedures including interviews, tours, and inquiries received via mail, email, phone, and visits.
- Maintain efficiency between recruitment, visitor services, and intake operations.
- Provide supervision, direction, and leadership to admissions staff, including training, orientation, portfolio review standards, and performance appraisals.
- Maintain communication between managers and staff including regular group and individual meetings.
- Assess office and staff needs, and prioritize and assign duties accordingly.
- Coordinate marketing, recruitment plans, and promotional events, and attend as needed.
- Establish recruitment schedule, assignments, and follow up tasks.
- Supervise implementation and use of computer information technologies in admissions.
- Serve as chief academic officer for admissions. Establish and monitor transfer policies, articulation agreements and special academic programs (i.e. continuing education, international baccalaureate, advance placement, CLEP).
- Serve as primary admissions contact for education and professional organizations AACRAO, NACAC, NAEA, NPDA, and AICAD.
- Work with staff to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with high schools, two-year colleges, museum programs, and arts organizations. Work to establish partnerships with key organizations and individuals in higher and secondary education.
- Establish and monitor the admissions budget.
- Serve as a chief contact for department chairs and administrative department heads.
- Review admissions applications, and all appeals for scholarship, admission & refunds.
- Assist in determining overall enrollment management policies and procedures.
- Revise admissions publications and online website content.
- Distribute reports to management.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree required, Master of Fine Arts degree preferred.
- 5 – 7 years management experience, 3 – 5 years in college admissions or related field.
- Demonstrated success in supervisory position with regard to staff and budgetary issues. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, delegate responsibilities and motivate staff.
- Interest and commitment to goals of higher education.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of computer information systems.
- Flexibility and willingness to work weekend and evening hours as needed.
School of Visual Arts (SVA) in New York City is an established leader and innovator in the education of artists. From its inception in 1947, the faculty has been comprised of professionals working in the arts and art-related fields. SVA provides an environment that nurtures creativity, inventiveness and experimentation, enabling students to develop a strong sense of identity and a clear direction of purpose.
Find out what it’s like to work at SVA. Visit http://www.sva.edu/about-sva/working-at-sva
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No walk-ins or phone calls please.
The School of Visual Arts is an equal opportunity employer.