Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/12/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Posting Number: FY14131447
Division: EM - Enrollment Management
Position Department: Undergraduate Admission
Position Classification: EF - Exempt/Full Time
Position Band: 28E-Exempt/Salaried
Description of Duties:
This position participates in recruiting, attracting, and enrolling new undergraduate students to the university and therefore is important in achieving the institution's goal of educating students for the world of work and life. The primary purpose of this position is to promote Bentley by providing advice and information to various external constituencies and to ultimately produce a diverse student body. Enrollment goals cannot be attained without the public's knowledge of the benefits one would receive by attending Bentley. Functions include the execution of various tasks and assignments under the direction and supervision of an Associate Director of Admission and/or Director of Admission and assisting in the achievement of department goals through the implementation of projects.
Additional Description of Duties: - Take a lead role in the execution of initiatives targeted to increase diverse student enrollment. This would include developing relationships with community-based organizations in which Bentley would benefit by productive partnerships.
- Serve as the primary liaison with the Multicultural Center to support enrollment initiatives as it relates any recruitment activities and admission programs.
- Organize all details leading to the execution of on and off campus guidance/college counselor events. This would include Fly-ins, the BEANS tour and off-campus counselor association meetings.
- Travel and market Bentley University at high schools, college fairs and other educational forums providing public presentations to individuals and groups; develop and evaluate strategy for individually assigned geographic recruitment regions.
- Interview prospective students on and off campus; follow up with written, telephone and email contact with students, parents and counselors.
- Review admission applications, render decisions and participate in entire file review and scholarship selection processes.
- Serve as Officer-of-the-Day to assist in smooth daily office operation.
Bachelor's degree plus 2-4 years of admission or related experience. Organizational and analytical abilities, solid communication skills, computer competency, ability to handle multiple tasks and belief in the value of a higher education and the capacity to articulate those benefits to the public. Ability and sensitivity in dealing with diverse populations. Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver's license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley's insurance carrier.
Required Applicant Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Please provide schedule hours: 8:00AM - 5:30PM (May through mid August) 8:30AM - 4:30PM (During the Academic Year)
Months Per Year: 12
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Position Type: Staff
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.bentley.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52106
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kfnqnkh
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.