Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/13/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Quinnipiac University School of Law invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Law Admissions. The associate director will be a key member the admissions team at the school of law in attracting and enrolling a diverse class with increasingly improved academic credentials.
The Quinnipiac University School of Law offers a juris doctor (JD) degree, a joint JD/MBA degree, an LLM in health law and a certificate program in health care compliance . The School of Law will be moving to a new state-of-the-art facility on our Graduate School campus in North Haven CT in August 2014.
Visit our website http://law.quinnipiac.edu for more information regarding the School of Law.
The associate director is responsible for active participation in:
- all recruitment functions (on- and off-campus);
- coordinating and planning on-campus recruitment events;
- managing the annual travel recruitment plan;
- reviewing and evaluating admissions files;
- meeting with prospective students and making admissions presentations;
- coordinating scholarship interview programs;
- managing the student and alumni admissions ambassador programs; and planning and implementing new student orientation.
The role requires significant travel especially during the fall semester. This individual will assist with maintenance of web, social and electronic media platforms, the admissions database systems and with the generation of statistical reports and data analysis. This role will have a dual reporting relationship to the AVP/dean of law admissions and the director of law admissions.
Qualifications and Special Instructions to Applicants
The successful candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree (JD or other advanced degree preferred).
- Three to five years of work experience in an admissions setting with strong customer service orientation or similar work environment preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications is required - This individual must enjoy communicating the values and merits of the Law School and Quinnipiac University to a wide audience.
- Strong skills in the areas of organization, supervision, data analysis, social networking and electronic media, public speaking, and interpersonal relations are required.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, ACES2 and Datatel Colleague software is a strong plus.
Candidates must contribute to a team-oriented environment, multi-task, plan for and seamlessly integrate constantly shifting priorities and work with new social media technologies to support the goals of the admissions office.
Candidates must be able to to work some evenings/weekends, travel overnight, and possess a valid driver’s license.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Applications should be submitted electronically and must include cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the University community, and we welcome candidates who would enhance that diversity.
Job Code 2013 - 1306
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.