Detailed Job Description
The Assistant Vice President of Student Success & Retention provides the necessary vision and leadership to increase retention and graduation rates at UVU. This position develops partnerships with departments, faculty, students, and administrators in a collaborative and collegial manner to address the retention and completion goals of the university and supervises the following departments: Multicultural Center, Testing Services, International Student Services, Director Student Success & Retention, TRIO Student Support, Career Development, Advisor Training, Accessibility, and Orientation.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master, of Educational Leadership, Public Policy, Business, Behavioral/Science, Educational Psychology, Social Work or other related field. One to two years of progressive experience including supervision or personnel, budget management and strategic planning and implementation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Provides vision and leadership for university-wide student success, retention and completion goals and objectives. Develops and maintains policies and procedures for retention and completion including training, communication, assessment and accountability.
2. Direct the strategic planning and implementation of total quality improvement initiatives for assigned areas of responsibility.
3. Oversee budgets and funding requests. Provide fiscal oversight and management for division budgets including grants, for assigned programs and departments.
4. Provide leadership in integrating Advisor Training, Orientation, Welcome Packets, and First Year Experience. Partner with Academics in assisting Advisement Council in meeting their goals and objectives.
5. Collaborate with executive administration, deans, department chairs, faculty, and other campus leaders to ensure quality services and programs to address student success, retention, and completion.
6. Seek alternative funding sources, including fund raising and federal and private grants, to secure additional funding for assigned areas and programs.
7. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at email@example.com