Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/14/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Quinnipiac University is launching a new School of Medicine in 2013.
For more information, please visit: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x5484.xml
1. Support and facilitate the work of the Associate Dean for Admissions to ensure that the school has a pool of qualified and diverse candidates to fill each entering class.
2. Work with appropriate university centers and offices to ensure that the needs of the students are met with regard to financial aid and registrar functions.
3. Foster a safe, healthy, and supporting learning environment for students, including participation in the planning for and monitoring of:
- Student health services (including compliance with required immunizations)
- Student counseling and mental health services
- Harassment training and support (including intellectual, sexual, gender, racial, etc.)
- Diversity training
- HIPAA training
- Training for limiting exposure to infectious agents and environmental hazards
- Safety and Security Training, in compliance with state and federal statutes
4. Participate in and help coordinate the planning and execution of the recurring cycle of academic events including:
- Incoming student orientation
- White Coat Ceremony
- Student Awards Ceremony
- Residency fair
- Social events
- Family Day
- Second look weekend
- Community service projects
5. Serve as the administrative contact for the student government, the Organization of Student Representatives, student participation on medical school committees, and all other student groups and organizations.
6. Oversee, monitor and support summer research programs and other enrichment activities, including securing and distributing stipends and funds, planning for Student Research Day, etc.
7. Monitor the academic progress of students, and provide academic and personal counseling with referral to student counseling services as required and necessary.
8. As an ex officio member of course grading committees, Admissions Committee and the Promotions and Performance Standards Committee serving as a student advocate.
9. Work with and support the programs that serve as a "pipeline" for future students.
10. Develop and implement programs to support the personal and professional development of students.
11. Provide guidance and direction toward career planning and residency placement of students including:
- Oversee system of academic advisors.
- Oversee the Careers in Medicine program.
- Foster dissemination of information regarding career selection.
- Provide one-on-one academic counseling
- Assist students in assembling credentials for residency application.
- Write the "Medical Student Performance Evaluation", formally the "Dean's Letter".
- Oversee the ERAS and NRMP processes.
12. Ensure that the school is in compliance with all LCME standards that relate to medical students. These standards include:
- Admissions (premedical requirements, selection, visiting and transfer students).
- Student services (academic and career counseling, financial aid counseling and resources, health services and personal counseling).
- The learning environment.
13. Prepare an annual budget to support the Student Affairs Office and its programs.
14. Conduct annual performance assessments of the personnel in the Student Affairs Office.
15. Other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
M.D. degree required.
5-10 years experience in Medical School administration / Educational Leadership positions
Strong organizational and managerial skills
Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work with members of the academic and clinical community
Strong service orientation and commitment to teamwork
Special instructions for applicants>
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications should be submitted electronically at https://careers.quinnipiac.edu and should include a resume, contact information for three references and a cover letter that thoughtfully addresses the following points:
1. Explain why you are interested in this position.
2. Describe how your previous experience is relevant to this role, and
3. Explain what you perceive the challenges and opportunities are with this position in a new medical school.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.