Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
ResponsibilitiesThe Systems\Network Administrator:
Expertise in configuration, maintaince and troubleshooting of systems equipment.
- Monitors the availability of the servers and network infrastructure
- Maintains the server equipment and networking infrastructure
- Basic maintenance and troubleshooting of server infrastructure
- Document server configurations in industry standard format
- Working as part of a team, can provide support for other IT Service groups
- May be required to work off hours and/or weekends
The ability to understand and write various scripts such as but not limited to Pearl, Java, Microsoft etc.for various configuration purposesMaintains and troubleshoots networking equipment
- GUI operating system, configuration of Linux, Oracle, Unix and Windows systems. Edit configuration files.
- Manage backups of servers. Knowledge of planned restoration and disaster recovery practices according to industry standards.
Can document network designs in industry standard format
- Configuration management and troubleshooting for wired and wireless switch and router operating systems
- Configuration management and troubleshooting for centralized network services such as DHCP and DNS
- Basic LAN routing dynamic protocol support and troubleshooting
- Monitor and maintain configuration backups
Serves third tier support for IT services
- Can create structured design maps in Visio
- Can recommend a nework configuraiton based on standard structured Visio map
- Has advanced knowledge of troubleshooting infrastructure issues on workstations
- Can convey specialized technical information to technical users outside of the technical speciality
Experience and Qualifications:
- EXPERIENCE: 4 years experience in system support, 4 years experience in network support or a combination.
- SKILLS & ABILITIES: Experience configuring Windows, Unix, Linux, Oracle operating systems. Strong ability to understand, translate and write scripts in Pearl, Java and Microsoft.
- LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: Microsoft Certification or comparable technical classes
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Occasional weekend and off-hours work
Depends on Qualifications
Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu.1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College2) A resume 3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.