Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
1. Graduate Business Marketing – Develop strategic planning and oversee the execution of an integrated communication program to enhance SEBA's brand, elevate SEBA's vision and deliver the greatest impact for recruiting new graduate students. Oversee advertising budget. Work closely with graduate business team to continuously improve graduate business program branding, degree offerings, degree start times and deadlines, and student offerings (such as career services). Work closely with key stakeholders to continuously develop dynamic marketing collateral, marketing data analysis and competitor benchmarking with the goal of increasing the pool of inquiries to Saint Mary's graduate business programs. Corporate Outreach - Recruit graduate business students through corporate relations. Includes soliciting meetings with key corporate contacts; setting up presentations (information sessions or lunch-n-learns) at corporations to prospective students; working with alumni, students and faculty to develop connections with companies; establishing and maintaining a corporate contacts database; developing a recruiting strategy within targeted companies.
2. Outreach – Develop and oversee the short and long term strategy for Graduate Business alumni outreach using the mission of “Network, Learn, Serve” to increase engagement in SEBA by measuring time, talent and treasure. Oversee speaker events, social mixers, webinars, and volunteer events on and off-campus; perform competitive bench marking of other business outreach programs; Enhance referral and rewards program for recruiting new students; reach out to undergraduate alumni with business interests to promote graduate degree programs; oversee alumni budget; serve as liaison to the Development office, central Alumni office, and College Communications to ensure a unified strategy and consistency in outreach to SEBA contacts (corporate, board, alumni, students, etc.).
3. Branding & Communications – Oversee SEBA’s external communication and branding (marketing collateral, manage redesign of new website, social media sites) as well as internal communication initiatives including eNewsletter, reports and publications. Assist with the generation of stories, news content for website and media.
4. Undergraduate Business Marketing – Supplement the College’s marketing to undergraduate prospects by revamping and maintaining dynamic website via smart, innovative use of videos, photos, and stories on SEBA website and across all social media platforms.
5. Supervise Assistant Director of Marketing and Outreach and Faculty Alumni Liaison
Experience and Qualifications:Required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: MBA or Master's
Experience: 10+years in marketing, corporate communication and strategic planning experience (preferably in higher education graduate business programs)
Skills/Abilities: Aptitude for and experience with understanding, interpreting and articulating the unit's mission while integrating it strategically throughout all marketing and communications initiatives. Outstanding verbal and written skills, including copy editing and public speaking skills; able to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team; high level of initiative; able to manage events from ideation to detailed execution, outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/deadlines; ability to manage and negotiate with multiple outside vendors; strong proficiency in using Windows operating systems, MS Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint), email and internet usage; experience working with databases; experience working with social networking sites (ex: LinkedIn, Facebook, etc); strong eye for detail and design, experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign a must; experience interpreting Google Analytics and using other metrics and tools to measure advertising effectiveness; ability to work cooperatively and effectively with all members of a culturally diverse campus community. Experience developing video content and editing is a plus.
Other: Evening work required; limited travel
Depends on Qualifications
Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. 1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College2) A resume 3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.