Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/18/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Senior Director for International & Multicultural Studies reports to the Associate Vice President for Engaged Learning and oversees study abroad programs, international internships, and global engagement and multicultural studies programs. The Senior Director collaborates with vice presidents, deans, other administrators, faculty, staff, and students to generate strategic initiatives and implement plans that support inclusion, internationalization, and multicultural education consistent with the mission and core themes of the institution.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabiities:
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and monitor policies and programs relating to multicultural and global education issues. Provide oversight of all current international intercultural initiatives including study abroad programs, international internships, and multicultural education activities. Develop and provide support for outreach programs that engage divers local, state, and regional communities.
- Serve as the administrative liaison to the campus-wide Global and Intercultural Council and provide support for the Global/Intercultural graduation requirement. Serve on university-wide committees dealing with global and multicultural issues and serve as liaison to local and national and international programs and organizations.
- Provide leadership and direction for all university-wide international studies programs and initiatives. Advise senior administration regarding international and multicultural issues and serve as a resource for the university community.
- Collaborate with deans, recruiting officers, and administrators in other divisions in support of effective recruitment and retention programs for international and multicultural students.
- Oversee University supported international travel including related safety and security policies and practices.
- Manage budgets, supervise staff, and oversee the work of units reporting directly to the Senior Director for International & Multicultural Studies.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.