Detailed Job Description
Under the direction of the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Assistant Vice President for Recruitment/Outreach will provide leadership and support for Recruitment and Outreach programs designed to enroll prospective students at UVU.
Key Roles and Responsibiilties:
1. Implement UVU's comprehensive strategic enrollment management program which includes the successful collaboration between One Stop Student Service Center, Prospective Students Services, Center for Advancement of Leadership, Web-based student recruitment, Social Media, University Marketing, Institutional Research, Academic Affairs, and UVU Out Reach programs.
2. Analyze enrollment issues and opportunities for potential implementation at UVU. Evaluate the effectiveness of programs and services through quality improvement benchmarks. Direct the strategic planning and implementation of quality initiatives for assigned areas of responsibility.
3. Develop annual budgets and funding reallocation requests. Provide fiscal oversight and management for division budgets including grants, for assigned programs and departments. Determine appropriate utilization of departmental space for professional offices and support staff.
4. Approve program changes, updates, and modifications in the scope and nature of services.
5. Collaborate with executive administration, Deans, Department Chairs, and other campus and community leaders to ensure quality services and programs for students and community members.
6. Seek alternative funding sources, including federal and private grants to secure additional funding for assigned areas and programs.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master, (doctorate preferred), of Educational Leadership, Public Policy, Business, Behavioral/Science, Educational Psychology, Social Work or other related field. One to two years of progressive experience including supervision of personnel, budget management and strategic planning and implementation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of administrative organization, methods of control, organizational planning and implementation.
- Knowledge of marketing, recruitment, public relations, program assessment and evaluation, federal grant programs, extended community outreach services, and student advising.
- Knowledge of research methods and statistical report preparation and writing.
- Knowledge of trends of assessment, demographics, and effective recruitment efforts.
- Knowledge of technology and effective strategic planning skills to integrate enterprise systems to advance Student Affairs.
- Program assessment and evaluation
- Effective Human relations including communications, problem-solving, decision-making, and interviewing
- Public speaking
- Event Planning
- Leadership and Motivation
- Community Outreach
- Manage division budgets including grants
- Seek alternative funding sources including grants for assigned areas and programs
- Direct and assess strategic planning and initiatives
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external constituencies to ensure quality services and programs for students and community members.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org