Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/29/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
San Diego Community College District
DEAN/ONLINE AND DISTRIBUTED LEARNING
Closing Date: 08/29/2013
Department: Instructional Services
Under the general supervision of the Vice Chancellor of Instructional Services, provide leadership and vision in improving and expanding online courses and programs for the San Diego Community College District. Duties will include planning, budgeting, marketing, managing, reporting, hiring, faculty development, online course design and development, and online student training and support services in coordination with the district’s three colleges and Continuing Education. This leadership opportunity will include developing partnerships and pursuing initiatives that will support online and distributed learning at the SDCCD.
• Provide vision, creativity, and leadership to coordinate, improve, and expand the SDCCD Online Learning Pathways program to meet the educational needs of the distance learning community served by the San Diego Community College District.
• Provide intellectual, instructional, and technical leadership to guide SDCCD Online Learning Pathways toward advanced delivery systems, training and support services, and pedagogy.
• Expand the overall scope of the online instruction program within the district by evaluating, in close consultation with appropriate faculty, various disciplines and courses to identify those that may be suitable for online instruction.
• Work closely with faculty, online instruction experts, and discipline deans to design sound pedagogy, instructional integrity, and accessibility consistent with the mission of the San Diego Community College District for all courses offered online.
• Provide leadership in ensuring that the online program meets State and Federal Distance Education and Accreditation requirements.
• Coordinate with Student Services and Instructional Divisions to ensure that online students have access to all college services necessary to promote successful student learning outcomes and to facilitate program persistence and degree or certificate completion.
• Plan and coordinate, in close collaboration with instructional faculty, the institutional research efforts required to document: instructional effectiveness, student success and satisfaction, and program retention and degree or certificate completion.
• Develop and offer, through the SDCCD Online staff or through other training resources available within the district, staff development and technical training opportunities for administrators, faculty, and staff that are, or may be interested in, participating in the SDCCD Online Learning Pathways program.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
In compliance with policies adopted by the Board of Trustees, applicants for this position must show evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
• Possession of a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution AND one (1) year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s assignment; OR,
• Possession of a lifetime California Community College Supervisor Credential.
EQUIVALENCY: If you do not possess the exact minimum qualifications as listed above or if you anticipate receiving the required degree prior to the start of this position, please complete a “Request for Equivalency Form” (link to the left) and attach it during the application process.
The District encourages you to apply for this position, if you possess a combination of education, training, and/or experience which clearly demonstrates the highest level of professional competence. Applicants will be evaluated based upon the following:
• Leadership and experience in Online and Distributed Learning programs that meet State and Federal laws and Accreditation requirements.
• In-depth understanding of online learning pedagogy, technology, and best practices, including experience with Blackboard or other online course management systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively with faculty in various disciplines as they smoothly and appropriately transition instructional programs from the classroom to an online instruction format.
• Experience providing and improving accessibility while using various online instruction technologies.
• Creativity and experience in marketing and promoting a distance learning program and strategies used to develop online instruction programs.
• Experience with large-scale project management, budgeting, grants and vendor contracts.
• Experience with team leadership.
• Ability to develop creative strategies to provide appropriate support services (equivalent to those available to on campus students) to those students who complete all course and program requirements remotely.
• Experience with collecting and analyzing data as they relate to online and distributed learning programs, student retention and student learning outcomes.
• Ability to provide leadership, mentoring, and training in best practices to faculty members who want to transition to online instruction.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A copy of the evaluation must be attached during the application process. If you need to obtain one, please open the “Foreign Degree Evaluation Information” link to the left. An ORIGINAL of the evaluation(s) must be presented at the time of hire.
[If possess] California Community College Supervisor Credential (valid for life)
For more information and to apply, please visit: http://www.sdccdjobs.com
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.