Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/19/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
1. Leads and counsels assigned staff for the successful completion of programming activities/projects including training, new employee technical orientation, evaluation of priorities, assigning and monitoring of work, and ensuring that established deadlines are met.
2. *Designs and implements web applications that interact with database back-ends
3. *Creates, converts and maintains code
4. * Analyzes systems, programs and problems, collaboratively working with internal staff and staff of College departments as needed to discuss needs and resolve software application issues.
5. Provides technical leadership and oversight for new projects.
6. *Troubleshoots application system/program/operations problems to determine feasible solutions and pursues resolution, working with vendors as appropriate.
7. *Designs and develops small to medium applications and programs to effectively accomplish requirements.
8. *Writes system/program/operations documentation and implements with staff.
9. Keeps Director abreast of problem resolution and project status including providing monthly status reports for management review.
10. * Provides Tier III support for in-house applications to resolve issues as they are reported. Will work with Learning Systems Administrator to provide additional Tier III support for Blackboard Learn.
11. On-call (after business hours) work required
12. Performs other related duties as assigned
*denotes essential function
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
1. Bachelor’s degree in software development, computer information systems, or information technology and/or equivalent experience
2. Minimum of two (2) years of software development experience including at least one (1) year of experience leading projects to successful completion
3. Candidates must be innovative, creative, flexible and self-motivated, with the ability to design and write high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code
4. Experience in developing and deploying web-based and console applications using Microsoft .NET 3.5 technologies including C#.NET and ASP.NET
5. Experience in writing HTML/XHTML and CSS
6. Learning Management System experience
7. Experience in writing Microsoft Transact SQL scripts for common CRUD (create, read, update, and delete) operations
8. Experience with and knowledge of database programming concepts including SQL, stored procedures, views, and triggers.
9. Knowledge of Microsoft IIS, including SSL/TLS certificates
10. Experience in mobile web development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
1. Ability to communicate effectively with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software or application features, and technical design
2. Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
3. Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project, including excellent project management and organizational skills
4. Experience with rapid prototyping, working in quick development to take something for a test to production environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
1. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
2. Experience working in an educational environment.
3. Experience with Blackboard Learn Learning Management System (LMS)
4. Experience with Ellucian Banner SIS (Student Information System) and/or Ellucian Luminis portal)
5. Experience with SQL (writing Oracle PL/SQL Scripts and/or SQL Server 2000 Data Transformation Services)
Monday thru Friday 8:30 – 5:00 PM, Evening hours as needed
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.