Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/6/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the leadership of the Director of Gift Planning, the Coordinator- Gift Planning will actively coordinate a dynamic portfolio of multidisciplinary and interdepartmental initiatives spanning the Division's programs, Gift Planning, Major Gifts, and Foundation Ambassadors in addition to special initiatives occasionally assigned by the Sr. Director of Development/Executive Director of the Foundation.
While some administrative work will be performed, this position is a junior professional in the Department. As a subject expert, the Coordinator is expected to interact with a wide range of very important donors and donor prospects, as well as VIPs from within the community and on campus partners, and to do so with an extremely high degree of autonomy. The Coordinator will receive training in the field of Gift Planning and assume responsibilities commensurate with the position's educational and professional background and aspirations. We expect the Coordinator to seek opportunities for training in the field of planned giving and to progress toward becoming a certified planned giving professional.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
1. Coordinate Gift Planning Program (50%)
2. Business & Economic Forum (20%)
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, and follow-through of the annual Business & Economic Forum, including:
- Identifying, soliciting, and securing payment for Sponsorships
- Coordinating speakers and presenters
- Handling registrations and payments
- In collaboration with the Director of Development Events, manage:
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Room scheduling and event logistics
- Creation of collateral materials (e.g. "swag bags")
- Speaker and Presenter Bios and Presentations
- Selection and preparation of Sponsor Booths
- Development and production of the event program
- Event marketing
3. Wilson Sorensen Society (10%)
- Independently manage the Wilson Sorensen Society, including direct marketing, correspondence, and other mailings.
- Prepare, print and handle all Birthday, Valentine's Day and Christmas mailings, Get Well and Condolence contacts and mailings.
- Coordinate the invitation and participation of Wilson Sorensen Members at the UVU Donor Appreciation Banquet and other appropriate special events
4. Gift Planning Board (10%)
Coordinate all aspects of the planning and implementation of all Gift Planning Board meetings, including catering and room scheduling, and development of the agenda, in collaboration with the Chair of the Board. The Coordinator will attend all meetings, generate and swiftly distribute minutes and assignments, and ensure all assignments are tracked and reported upon.
5. Supporting the Foundation Ambassadors
- Advise the Foundation Ambassador program. This includes overseeing the training of the Ambassadors, attending Ambassador meetings, and scheduling Ambassadors for key University events.
- Oversee the annual process for the retention and selection of the Foundation Ambassadors.
- Promote the Foundation Ambassadors on campus to increase their visibility and to enhance their reputation as a key student group.
- Serve as a liaison with the Alumni Association Ambassadors as needed for training and scheduling.
- Work with the Foundation and Alumni Ambassadors to create a comprehensive student fundraising program.
6. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.